• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"X" 390 GT/CS for sale (black on black)

Magnum

Hey -

I recognize this is not the time to be selling an old car but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I have recently found something else that I want to pursue and therefore have decided to see if anyone is interested in my fairly rare car. It is a numbers matching 390 "X" code with C6 automatic transmission GT/CS. The car is a lifelong CA car until being brought here to NC in February. The drivetrain, suspension and steering have all been recently gone through and I have the receipt for the work. The car has just been given a nice driver quality paint job and I am in the process of putting it back together. I have also spent over $2K in replacement parts and chrome and they will all be on the car in the next week or so (hopefully). The only thing left to do will be sprucing up the interior. I think the car has new seat covers with it so the new owner will only have to worry about the dash area, carpet and any chrome items he/she chooses to replace. I do have a Marti report in hand that verifies this car. It runs and drives like a dream and the black on black really pops. Oh yeah, I know it is not correct but I did have the reflector stripes put on the car but they can be easily removed and the correct ones put in their place. Since the car has not been totally apart, I will not call it a restored car but it is every bit of a great driver and area show car. I am asking $30K for the car assembled and back on the road.

Thanks in advance,

David

Attachments

• DSC05451.JPG
    DSC05451.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC05439.JPG
    DSC05439.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC05452.JPG
    DSC05452.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC05455.JPG
    DSC05455.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC05458.JPG
    DSC05458.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Marti.jpg
    Marti.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

HappyHour

Sweet! As always pictures top bottom front back inside out would nice so we can drool er um review condition as well as Marti. Pics pics pics!!

There was a Black X code down here (NorCal) that sold on the peninsula last year that drew alot of interest so this Forum is a great place to start! It was in show shape but it was a daily driver and owner put some money into it before it sitting.

Good luck on selling your X code hope to see more of it on the Forum :wink:

franklinair

DON'T tell Amy about this car - we all know how she is about BLACK C/S's, especially one that has the potential to blow the doors off anything she's got.:icon_ecst

Neil

( I could probably drive this car from NC to WA.)

OP
OP
M

Magnum

DON'T tell Amy about this car - we all know how she is about BLACK C/S's, especially one that has the potential to blow the doors off anything she's got.:icon_ecst

Neil

( I could probably drive this car from NC to WA.)

Thanks for the post Neil! I would not be afraid to drive this car anywhere. It really is a sound car that runs smooth and cool. Even in hot and humid NC.

6t8-390gt

Does the Marti report indicate if it has the GT option or not? What other factory options are on this car?

This car would looks sweet next to my blk/blk 390 GT fastback and blk/blk CJ GT Coupe.

Danny

OP
OP
M

Magnum

I'm listening! Shoot! I could always sell the '08 CS and have 2 black '68s. What kind of engine does this one have?

This car has it's numbers matching 390 "X" code engine in it and it runs and sounds great. Please keep in mind that the "X" code engine is the same as a "S" code engine but with a 2 barrel intake and carburetor. Thanks for your interest!

As a side note, I will post a copy of the Marti report shortly

OP
OP
M

Magnum

Does the Marti report indicate if it has the GT option or not? What other factory options are on this car?

This car would looks sweet next to my blk/blk 390 GT fastback and blk/blk CJ GT Coupe.

Danny

Thanks for your question Danny. Please see the attached Marti report. This is a fairly rare car and it is very solid with no rust issues.

Mustanglvr

So does anybody know the actual count on Raven Black GT/CS`s? I thought they were pretty rare to find.

OP
OP
M

Magnum

A couple questions answered

First off, yes this car was on eBay back at the first of the year. I didn't know much about these cars but I knew the black on black had to be fairly rare and I also thought the combination on a GT/CS would look great. I don't mind saying that I was right.

Secondly, when I say "gone through", I have the receipt for where $12K was spent refurbishing the engine, transmission, rearend, suspension and steering. The engine has a replacement carburetor on it but the original carburetor is in a box and goes with the car. If I can remember correctly, the car only has around 100 miles on it since all of that work was completed. It cranks very easy and runs wonderfully with no over heating. While the car has an incredible shine already, keep in mind that it has never been wet sanded or buffed. This can always be done at a later time if the new owner desires. The wheels have also been freshly painted. Any and all parts that I have for the car will transfer with it to the new owner. Again, the only thing that I can think of that will be left to do with the new owner is install new carpet and seat covers (I think I have the seat covers), install dashpad if you desire, paint dash and steering column and install new cluster assembly. I plan on painting the doors before putting the door panels back on. I also have new door hardware and that will be going on also.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Hi Everyone,

David (aka Magnum) is a previous owner of my current GT/CS.

I have exchanged numerous emails with him and have seen many pictures of his impressive car collection.

While I have not seen this particular car in person I can vouch that David is a great guy!

David and Kerry (aka Worty) (another previous owner of my car) have been a huge help to me in tracking down the history on my current car. David with Kerry's help actually tracked me down once he found out I was the owner of his old car to get me info. He never once was bothered by the numerous questions I sent through email.

Wish I was in a position to add another pony to my stable...
With baby #3 on the way that is put on hold for awhile ... :cool:

OP
OP
M

Magnum

Hey Rich -

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure helping you discover more of the pedigree of your car. I kind of hate to sell this particular car but I have had another opportunity present it's self to me and I feel like I need to try to sell if I can. If I don't have any luck, my feelings will not be hurt and I will just drive and enjoy the car for a while.

Thanks again and I hope that you are still enjoying your car. I still love that color!

David

OP
OP
M

Magnum

New price

I recognize the economy is dragging the old car market down with it and most buyers are keeping their wallets close by their side but I thought I would try once to shake the bushes a little more. I really feel like I need to sell this car so I have adjusted the price down to $28K. I will have to be firm on that price but if anyone is interested please contact me.

Thanks,

David

Midnight Special

why is no one buying this car? the price is as good as it will ever be for a 390

...I so agree Jason! Believe me I'm tempted, but I have no room for her. Plus; aside from what David acknowledges, most people here already have CSs and perhaps like Paul Stevenson and others - need to be creative about marketing to other Mustangers. (IMO)

ahainline

damn... I am soooo tempted.. if I could make a quick sale of my CS I would be in for sure. hmm maybe I should start asking around to see what I could get out of mine