• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

case12

OK. Now that I have ordered my white model, how will I repaint it (specifically, how will I repaint it around the stripes). casey

Diesel Donna

case12 said:
OK. Now that I have ordered my white model, how will I repaint it (specifically, how will I repaint it around the stripes). casey

Casey, Paul M. is going to be making some stripes. So I guess maybe we can peel off the stripes on the model..unless they are painted on? Or to answer your question...very carefully!

joedls

case12 said:

Why would you want to repaint the perfect color combination? :grin:

Mustanglvr

case12 said:

Maybe put a strip of tape on the stripe so you don`t paint on the stripe?

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
Maybe put a strip of tape on the stripe so you don`t paint on the stripe?

Rhonda, it will be much easier & neater if you re-spray the whole car and re-stripe it. Whether you use Newitt's stripe kit, Microscale stripe decals or have it custom painted/ striped by a reputable modeler; it will be a much nicer job rather than trying to hand paint or mask between stripes... I'll post my green one when completed to see what you all think.

Last edited:

case12

Mosesatm said:
Casey, do you have an airbrush?
Not yet, but will add it to my air compressor accessories for this. Since you already have the model, can you tell if the stripes are painted or sticker? Casey

Mosesatm

case12 said:
Not yet, but will add it to my air compressor accessories for this. Since you already have the model, can you tell if the stripes are painted or sticker? Casey
The stripes are flush, or nearly flush, with the body.

My guess is that the stripes are a sticker, and that after they were installed the entire car was then covered with a clear coat.

case12

I got the white one last week - very nice. The kids keep asking me why I won't take it out of the package. I guess this one is going to remain "concourse" and not be a "daily driver" :grin: .

A side note - I attempted to follow the instructions Jon noted to get free shipping, but they still charged me shipping. Not a big deal, but wondered if others got the free shipping. Casey

Mosesatm

case12 said:
I attempted to follow the instructions Jon noted to get free shipping, but they still charged me shipping. Not a big deal, but wondered if others got the free shipping. Casey

The shipping was free on mine.

joedls

case12 said:
I got the white one last week - very nice. The kids keep asking me why I won't take it out of the package. I guess this one is going to remain "concourse" and not be a "daily driver" :grin: .

A side note - I attempted to follow the instructions Jon noted to get free shipping, but they still charged me shipping. Not a big deal, but wondered if others got the free shipping. Casey

I ordered 4 and got charged $8.95 for shipping. I also followed Jon's instructions.

Diesel Donna

<~~~~~~~~~~Got free shipping...followed Jon's instructions...

Do you guys ever ask for directions when you are lost? :grin:

rvrtrash

I just got my two today--and shipping was free. I just want to add a big thanks to Jon and everyone involved in making these a reality. They are really cool. Now I just need to get a couple of red stripe kits from Paul.

Steve