• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

newbie...going to purchase 2006 southern california special

socalcraigster

I am considering getting one of these. My choices are:

Black/red leather interior 5 speed manual ( I lleaning towards this one)
Tungsten/light charcoal cloth 5 speed maunal (less $ because lacks leather)Red/gray leather 5 speed manual

I have already negotiated the Tungsten one out-the-door for 22,700.00, but I am waiting to decide about the other ones.

Please let me know your opinions and color combos you like.

On another note, I am a collector of 67-73 cougars. I have the 68 GTE (427so) and a G (3904v) all stock and numbers matching. But I started with the mustang.

GTCSMustang

Sounds like neither of the GT/CSs are original. Ford didn't have a grey paint in 1968, or leather interior or 5-speed. Are you condsidering these because you can't find "original" ones or are you looking for a modified GT/CS? Just curious. Most people are either original folks or not. Since the Cougars are "all stock" I'd have thought you would want the same in a GT/CS

Scott

still looking for one

Scott,

I think he's looking at a BRAND NEW 2006 Mustang, so the '68 GT/CS comments you made don't really apply......

What say you?

Jim

CALIF GIRL

I would go for the Tungsten/red cloth, beacuse black cars are hard to keep clean.

But it really comes down to what you like the best..

still looking for one

socalcraigster said:
I am considering getting one of these. My choices are:

Black/red leather interior 5 speed manual ( I lleaning towards this one)
Tungsten/light charcoal cloth 5 speed maunal (less $ because lacks leather)Red/gray leather 5 speed manual

I have already negotiated the Tungsten one out-the-door for 22,700.00, but I am waiting to decide about the other ones.

Please let me know your opinions and color combos you like.

On another note, I am a collector of 67-73 cougars. I have the 68 GTE (427so) and a G (3904v) all stock and numbers matching. But I started with the mustang.

SOCALCRAIGSTER,

I'm not in the market for an '06 so don't know what color combos apply, but your third choice would be to order the exact color combo you want, pay a bit more, and wait for it.

As to the Black v. Tungsten, probably the Tungsten one would be a little easier to keep clean, and the seats will be cooler in summer and warmer in winter; and leather looks more luxurious and you could buy sheepskins for the seats, but you can get a better "deal" by negotiating on them if you buy a unit already in stock- and at the price point you are at now, you are obviously a sharp negotiator...

Aside from being nose heavy (what shocks do you have?), and a S.O.B to tune up, the '68 GTE is the *ultimate* Cougar made, bar none. With their special trim above the rockers, and rear valance, and exhaust outlets, hood scoop, sunroof and hood p ins, like the '68 GT/CS, they are instantly recognizeable as something heads above an XR7 or anything else. I have only ever seen one for sale on ebay and it was a mess, a real fixer.

Could you get them with a 427 side oiler, or was it only a 428CJ?
I had a '67 myuself for many years, so I really know these cars pretty well, I think the first ads for them said "Untamed elegance". Back in 1966, when the first ones came out, Principal Motors L/M in Monterey Calif., a fairly wealthy area, was given an unlimited supply of them to judge customer response, and they sold them all quick, customer response was off the charts, on the '67 Motor Trend car of the year...what color is yours? What others have you collected? And, welcome to the board...it's primarily for '68 GT/CS and 66/68 HCS cars, but you can ask about the new ones too.....l

Jim B.

marie68csmustangs

I don't know I like the Black/ Red combination. The only thing is that you would feel awful in the summertime.. Well, mostly depending on where you live and everything - It would feel awful around here because it gets above 100 around here sometimes durning the summer.. I don't know the other color options that you can get with the 06 Models.. But, I love silver and blue :))

Marie