• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Donna;
You'd love it. It's not like the West Coast at all. We all have a great time with out cars. It's not Camero vs Mustang or Mustang vs Covertte - Ok yea it is. But, we still have a great time. I have a stent to go to Norwalk Raceway Park in a couple of weeks with a friend of mine who just happens to have 390 67 Fairlane GT and he wants to see how it will fair with the CS. He's already pumping the folks in our department on how many car links he gets. I've already told him, he challenged me so he gets nothing.

I'm gonna spank his ass just for grins and chuckles and we'll all have a few brews after it's done.

Don :grin:

Stacey Enderle

Whoopsie!

Diesel Donna said:
Stacey, Stacey, Stacey.....you aren't allowed to call it 'red'. Say: ROYAL MAROON or the royal guys will get you. :grin:

~~~~Donna

Aaack!!! :surrender :surrender Okay okay, its,....roy al mar oon,...got it! :thumb: Is the coast clear? :scared:

As you notice,...love playing with these icons, they're cute!

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Mustang Monopoly

Diesel Donna said:
Stacey, you may pass GO and collect your $200.00 :thumb:

~~~~Donna

Oh Okay! (shake the dice,...boink, boink, boink, boink,...) ahhhhhhh DARN!!!:frust: They took it all in "luxery taxes!" ACK!!! NO they can't have my car!!!

Stace

69convert

What happened to the royal maroon? It says Acupulco blue and wimbeldon white on the website. Dang.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

69convert said:
What happened to the royal maroon? It says Acupulco blue and wimbeldon white on the website. Dang.

Based on their distributors stating there was no interest in the Royal Maroon model, they changed the color to "Wimbeldon White". :rolleyes: See the below link that I posted awhile back. It's a bummer but, I'll get the only GT/CS diecast model that was done in "Royal Maroon".

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3589

Don

69convert

royal maroon

Maybe they should have ask us about which colors were desirable. I would have rather have candy apple red instead of W.W. if I couldn't get royal maroon.

CalGal68

Thanks for keeping us up to date as to availability. I guess I'll have to get the blue since it's closest to green. I love the detail on it!

Powell

side stripes

I am still interested in several of the models, but will have to paint and re-stripe one to match my red with black stripe GT/CS. Is there any type of list or order form that I need to be on inorder to be sure I will be in on the group order?

Ralph

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Ralph;
Greenlight has not yet finished the total set-up for our group buy. I've sent them several recent emails in regards to our group buy and still have no answer. I will be contacting them again today to see what's up. Stay tuned, as soon as either I or Jon have an answer it will be posted here.

Don :wink:

Stacey Enderle

royal maroon or candy apple red,...

69convert said:
Maybe they should have ask us about which colors were desirable. I would have rather have candy apple red instead of W.W. if I couldn't get royal maroon.

I'll second that!:smile:

Stacey

Mustanger

I've seen some guys at car shows customize the die cast models to look like their car ... so if your car is highland green, go ahead and paint your model highland green ...

Mustanger

68gt390 said:
Ralph;
Greenlight has not yet finished the total set-up for our group buy. I've sent them several recent emails in regards to our group buy and still have no answer. I will be contacting them again today to see what's up. Stay tuned, as soon as either I or Jon have an answer it will be posted here.

Don :wink:

Don, Jon,

Any word? I was wondering if we'll get these cars before/by Christmas ...

Mustanger

BroadwayBlue said:
Awww you don't have to get me one for Christmas. I can wait :wink: :grin: :cool: :smile:

... Awww, that's no fun!!! ... You guessed it, now I'll have to come up with another way to suprise you ...

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

p51 said:

Not a resale of the Greenlight cars. I contacted the seller and here is their reply:

"The Wimbledon White and Acapulco blue cars are a limited edition of 1,500 made by GreenLight Collectibles. We had them make us a Limited Edition of 504 of the car in the picture (all factory done) Candy Apple Red with a Black top and Interior. We also had them make us 300 of them in a Black Chrome and White stripes and Only 60 of them in a 24K Gold finish with black stripes (you can view the pre-production samples on our website WWW.MiniMuscleCars.Com)"

I also contacted Greenlight to verify this information and they did in fact run a special production of these cars for MiniMuscleCars as you see in the information listed above.

They still have not finalized the group buy as of yet. I'll be contacting them again very shortly to see what's up.

Don