• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ouch

joedls

Wow, I can certainly see why you hurt! I hope you heal quickly.

Did your head break the windshield?!!!

My brother had a '68 Torino that would take off when ever the gas pedal was pressed a little too hard. It happened to me twice. An out of control car is a scary, scary experience. We finally traced the problem to a broken motor mount. The engine would torque and lift up, pulling on and binding the accellerator linkage.

Yep. My head broke the windshield. My face isn't too pretty right now (although I've never been blessed with that anyway).

I'm pretty sure my motor mount wasn't broken. It's a thru-bolt design. Very hard to break.

CJ

Wishing you a speedy recovery Joe. Hang in there!

CJ

our special

Wow...Joe, thats a lot worse then I thought it would be when you first posted.

I feel your pain mentally and can only imagine the pain from that bump on tne head.

Hang in there, and if there is anything I can help with, please get in touch.

Take care,
Dave

P

PNewitt

WOW, Joe. What da heck happened? I am SO sorry to see and read about this.

Of course, how you're doing is primary. Sorry to see that your head hit the windshield. A stuck throttle with a blower has got to be a real nightmare event.

I guess I'll need to look for two more Lucas lights...fer ya. Sorry 'bout that, too.

I think that once you figure out what can be done to the car--if it's repairable-- we'll rally around you to fix her up! If it's any help, I have video of it from the BBQ if you need it for your insurance company. I got the motor, etc., close up, too. If it ends up you'll need another CS, we'll find one for you--I promise.

I am so sorry...please hang in there. You took a real hard hit.
(at least the fuzzy dice made it!) :)

Don't breathe in any smoke down there today, either...

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

Hey Joe!!

Glad you're OK and walked away with what seems like minor injuries!

As everyone said the car can be fixed or replaced ... it's not that easy to restore you!!

Hang in there and let us know if you need anything!

Mustanglvr

Hang in there Joe! It could have been much worse, really. You are very lucky.

LUVMYCS

Hey Joe, so sorry to hear about your accident. Thank God you're okay, it could have been so much worse!

I had that happen to me in my '66 Mustang, my motor mount broke twisting the engine to pin my accelerator to the floor and I was heading straight for a school bus! I panicked and slammed the car into park while simultaneously turning off the ignition. Luckly the car stopped and the bus swerved and everything was okay. And, I didn't wreck the transmission! My mechanic said if that ever happens again just turn the key and shut off the engine.

Very scarely! Hopefully you will find out how it happened to prevent it from happening again! Take care, hope you have a speedy recovery and hope your car has a speedy recovery as well!

Sarge

Joe,
So sorry about the GT/CS. I loved looking at it at the BBQ's, and it was really sweet with the Blower!!! I am glad that you are in relatively good shape, as we can't replace you. I have a few boxes of odds and ends CS parts, if you need anything, post it and I'll rummage.
Get well,
Robert

joedls

Thanks to everyone again for your kind words. :smile:

My attitude is this; I'm lucky to have gotten out of this crash with the few injuries I have. It could have been much worse. Even though I love the car, it is not the most important thing to me. It's just another possesion that can be replaced, unlike my health or my life.

So, bottom line is, I'm blessed.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Joe,
I am late to this post. Words cannot express what you are feeling. The lord blessed you on this day with your life. He works in mysterious ways and we are all along for the ride only. And what a ride this was....

My elderly father was backing his 428 Cobra Jet F-150 out of his garage. Stepped on the wrong pedal and nearly took me out and drilled a telephone pole. Totaled the truck, but the lord spared his life. Still with me today at 88years old.

You car needs extensive work as you know. 30 years ago, they would part it out. Not Today!!! My 67 Fasback is a rollover with a completely new top. I also had to cut the top off a 67 coupe that took a telephone pole in the front of the drivers door. Top and frame rail work.

It won't be easy or cheap, but you can do it. You seem like a performance guy like me. An excuse to put a modern Mustang II front suspension! Eliminate the shock towers and more room to work.

I hope for a speedy recovery for you. I have only seen your car in pics, but it is so beautiful! I hope to see it pristine once again.

Rob

GTCS95616

Joe

It good to see you have your sensibilities. Yes, the car is just a possesion and it is your health that is most important.

Dead men can't drive!