• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ouch! CS with some damage for sale...

Mustanger

Mustanglvr said:
Definitely worth $5,000.00. I wonder what engine it has?

Based on the rear pic (valence w/o cut outs for dual exhaust), it's probably a c code, or it could be a t code ... but since the most common CS engine was a 289 and since the threads didn't mention it was a 6 cyl, chances are that it's a c code ... (interesting note: in spite of the fact that it's being described as original, the rear view pic does show an aftermarket exhaust tip ... hmmm ...)

390cs68rcode

I NEVER take someones word when they say a car is "all original". To me all original means EVERYTHING as it came from the factory. Not even Scott's 7,000 mile car can say that (however it is probably as close as any car can get to all original)

P

PNewitt

Just from the pics, I noticed a couple of things:

The LH rear quarter extension (fiberglass) piece is correct, since it has that slight mismatch with the metal--at where the two meet at the top of the qtr. panel. There is about a 1/8th" downward mismatch on orig. cars.

also--the car must have been painted, because the stripes are goofed up. note how the front of the stripe, has a short piece ON the headlight bucket. It didn't go that far. In fact, it originally folded over the fender before the headlight bucket was attached.

I'd get this car--for $3-5K, only "IF" I knew a bodyshop that could do a door and left qtr. panel for a good price. The only thing is whomever buys it--will need to measure the frame to see if it got tweaked (that big "X" measurement, in the FORD Mustang Shop Manual).

Interesting!!

Paul.

67Rally

Hey folks,

I am the one who located this CS and spoke to the owner. Those are my photos. BroadwayBlue contacted me so I came here to clear any misperceptions up. First, I am not the owner nor am I trying to sell it. Second, I cannot vouch for the complete originality (which is as that is frequently defined by the person using it), although it looks to be a complete car.

The car's vin is 8R01JXXXXXX and it still has a 302. The owner said that he bought it in 1974 from the original owner. I have been driving past this car (near my neighborhood) since 1989. When I first noticed the car, it was as you see it (it had no body damage). The paint was faded, but everything was there.

The owner knows, to some extent, what he has but he wasn't actively pursuing a sale.

NOTE: On my Flickr site, the shots of the torque box and frame rails are of this car (not the '68 Shelby clone).