• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ouch

Mosesatm

Definition of a bad day

Attachments

• weird884.jpg
    weird884.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 76

joedls

I'll post pics as soon as I can of my GT/CS. On Tuesday, I was pulling into a parking lot and my accelerator went to the floor and stuck there. I ended up going off the side of a loading dock ramp and crashing into the concrete wall making up the ramp. I just got out of the hospital last night. I got away with a broken hand and some scrapes and bruises. The car didn't fare as well.

Mustanger

I'll post pics as soon as I can of my GT/CS. On Tuesday, I was pulling into a parking lot and my accelerator went to the floor and stuck there. I ended up going off the side of a loading dock ramp and crashing into the concrete wall making up the ramp. I just got out of the hospital last night. I got away with a broken hand and some scrapes and bruises. The car didn't fare as well.

Joe,
Are you okay? :sad: Wow, I hope and pray that you'll be able to bounce back healthwise and also fix up that awesome CS you have ... but we all have confidence in you, Joe :thumb: ... just hang in there ...

CALIF GIRL

Joe,

Sorry to haer about your accident. Hope you (and the car) get better soon.

68gt390

Joe;
Sorry to hear about your car. :cry: The important thing is your still with us. What caused your pedal to go to the floor? Did your accelerator spring break?

Don

Mustanglvr

So sorry to hear about your accident Joe. I`m glad you`re ok. Hope your car can be fixed.

joedls

Joe;
Sorry to hear about your car. :cry: The important thing is your still with us. What caused your pedal to go to the floor? Did your accelerator spring break?

Don

I don't know yet. I haven't inspected the car. Still licking my wounds.

Perkchiro

Wow Joe! Glad to hear that you're OK. What a freak accident. Hope you can find the faulty part that caused that accelerator to stick. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Doug

Joe - count your luck stars, cars can get fixed a lot easier than people.

On a side note this past Tuesday my sister-in-law went off a winding road and DROPPED down 500 feet! After a trip to the hospital - all is okay nothing broken. What saved her was she landed on some trees which broke the cars fall. She was driving a Honda passport.

rvrtrash

At least you're "ok". The car can be fixed. It's more difficult fixing you. Let us know if we can help with anything.

Steve (Dad)

joedls

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and thoughts. I'm still just laying around trying to breathe without too much pain (lung contusions), but I'm warmed by your kindness.

joedls

Some pics

Now this is a bad day!

Attachments

• crash.JPG
    crash.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 138
  • crash 2.JPG
    crash 2.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 120
  • crash 3.JPG
    crash 3.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 132
  • crash 4.JPG
    crash 4.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 127

Perkchiro

No kidding, that's a really bad day. So sorry Joe. Have you been able to check on the damage? Frame rails, engine, suspension? I know it's all fixable, but hopefully it can be done without too much time and expense.

Mustanger

Ouch!!! I hurts just lookin' at those pic's ... I'm glad to hear that you're walking around, Joe. I know you'll fix this CS and it'll be back to smoke some rubber :thumb: ...

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Wow, I can certainly see why you hurt! I hope you heal quickly.

Did your head break the windshield?!!!

My brother had a '68 Torino that would take off when ever the gas pedal was pressed a little too hard. It happened to me twice. An out of control car is a scary, scary experience. We finally traced the problem to a broken motor mount. The engine would torque and lift up, pulling on and binding the accellerator linkage.

joedls

No kidding, that's a really bad day. So sorry Joe. Have you been able to check on the damage? Frame rails, engine, suspension? I know it's all fixable, but hopefully it can be done without too much time and expense.

Not really. I kind of walked around it today. It's pretty bad. The impact bowed the roof and buckled the right rear quater, along with the damage you can see in the pics. So I'm pretty confident there's some significant structural damage. The dash is also bent pretty badly. Not sure if it will be worth bringing back to life.