• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Ouch! - Salvage title 68 GT/CS sideswiped pretty hard

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Just posting this eBay find. I don't have any further knowledge or connection to the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...70754817466+&lgeo=1&viewitem=&vectorid=229466

$(KGrHqR,!poE7Bcvhiq7BO-1jUiY5g~~60_12.JPG

quicknick

Naw. That's an easy fix. Childs play for the boys in my body shop. The salvage title is the painful part. That makes the value only half of what it would take to repair that. Too bad. Looks like it would make a great donor car for someone who is restoring one though.

classicsguy

That was Curtis car(Mustangbiz) a member of this forum. He bought the collection of GT/CS and HCS cars in California a couple of years ago.

franklinair

Ya'll don't know how to "wash" a title?? (Experience from my misspent youth)

Neil

quicknick

Neil
Washing titles is virtually impossible here in Michigan any more. Once upon a time we had a used car dealership in Ohio that would buy all our rebuilt salvage cars. He would title the car in his state, then we could buy it back with a clean title. These tri states are wise to that now. Even if it could still be done, I've grown a conscious in my old age and would never do it. It could be easily re tagged, but I now have an ethical problem with that too.
I would buy that car as is and rape it for all it's valuable parts. This Shelby/Cali stuff is getting harder and harder to find anymore.

whodat

Since I have one I alway's wanted to make a trailer with the rear of a GT/CS. This looks like the perfect example. If I only had the time.

somethingspecial

Neil

With the Insurance Companies being quick to TOTAL a car these days due to repair costs, it doesn't take much damage to have a Salvage title issue. That really sucks. I know I would hate to buy a Mustang, or any car for that matter with a clean title and find out it was salvaged. It is not only un-Ethical, but Illegal. Now, That is off my chest.

If anyone has the VIN on this car, please let me know what it is so I can document it as a Salvage.

mustang.biz

You can find the marti report in my post in that thread.

I sold this car to a guy in Georgia who hasn't picked it up after a couple of months and is trying to flip it. I think he found a buyer in Mexico.