• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Knight Rider GT500KR at Knotts '68 hood pins

miller511

I took a couple of pics of the Knight Rider GT500KR Mustang at Knott's on Sunday.
Guess what kind of hood pins are on it? Yep, same ones as the '68 California Special. How cool is that? They should have put those on the new gen CSs, too!! Hope you can see it in the pic.

Attachments

• 40th Anniversary GTCS GAS Knotts Weekend 297a.JPG
    40th Anniversary GTCS GAS Knotts Weekend 297a.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Side view

Here's another pic...of the side.

Attachments

• 40th Anniversary GTCS GAS Knotts Weekend 298a.JPG
    40th Anniversary GTCS GAS Knotts Weekend 298a.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 57

rvrtrash

Did you get a look at it with the hood up? It looks like the pins would extend into the headlight bucket, so I'm wondering if they're functional.

Steve

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Steve,

No. I did not see the hood open. I would guess that, too...that they are non-functional.

BroadwayBlue

I'll pop the hood at Carlisle and let you know ... after I'm released and pay my fine :grin:

Seriously though I'll try to find out at Carlisle if they're functional or not.

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Locks... correct. Sorry 'bout the incorrect terminology. I think we'll conclude (afer Rich makes bail) that these are faux locks.

robert campbell

Pictures of cars are normally so flattering. Not to be a nit picker, but that is alot of orange peel in the front quarter shot! Or am I seeing things??

Rob

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Rob,

The gal at the display made a point to say that the car was not primo. It was quite scratched and road ding'd on the hood (I think you can see that). The orange peel almost seems like a low budget repaint. Maybe they didn't care since it wouldn't show on TV?

BroadwayBlue

Rob,

The gal at the display made a point to say that the car was not primo. It was quite scratched and road ding'd on the hood (I think you can see that). The orange peel almost seems like a low budget repaint. Maybe they didn't care since it wouldn't show on TV?

Maybe the Orange Peel is more of a throwback to 68 :cool: