• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dumb question ?

roadbum

Maybe this is dumb but, I know that all gt/cs's where built in san jose my question is if your car has an R code and all the right parts could it be anything else?

390cs68rcode

roadbum said:
Maybe this is dumb but, I know that all gt/cs's where built in san jose my question is if your car has an R code and all the right parts could it be anything else?

I don't understand what you are asking.

the R in the vin for a R code is the SECOND letter in the vin, not the first.

OP
OP
R

roadbum

Okay, maybe I put that alittle strange. I'll try again. If the factory location code is an R could the car be something other than a GT/CS.
Ron

Mustanger

roadbum said:
Okay, maybe I put that alittle strange. I'll try again. If the factory location code is an R could the car be something other than a GT/CS.
Ron

Yes, San Jose made non-GT/CS Mustangs: regular Mustang coupes, fastbacks, convertibles, and GT versions of those cars as well ...

Mustanger

roadbum said:
I'm learning i'm learning. But only with a true believers help. Thanks

Hey, no problem ... we're here to help ... don't worry about "stupid" questions, if you're willing to learn, we're willing to help you learn ...

Midnight Special

roadbum said:
Well, I do appreciate it. And I figure it's like money in the bank to know as much as i can before i lay down my money.

Take your time... An example of the VIN would read something like this:
8R01C143583
Rhonda or someone else here can tell you what it means until you obtain a Marti report.

In the meantime - please feel free to post some photos here and ask all the "dumb" questions you want. Shoot! - we sometimes call each other "dumb" or worse, so you'll be in good company ;-) (just kidding (sort'a))

OP
OP
R

roadbum

Trust me, If I lay down that much cash and then find out its not what its supposed to be I will hear about it from "upper management" for alot longer than I care to think about. I will post pictures as soon as the deal goes down and get the #'s to Paul to check the registry

nfrntau

roadbum said:

I'll forward a different answer, using the all the right parts comment.

If a 68 R code mustang has all the GT/CS parts that still does not make it a GT/CS. A fake GT/CS is what we refer to as a clone. That is why we put so much emphasis on the Marti report. A Marti report is the definitive next to the original bill of sale.

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
Rhonda or someone else here can tell you what it means until you obtain a Marti report.

Ron, you could click on VIN REPORTS in the column on your left, scroll down and click on Vin Decoder to put in the information yourself or like Tim said, I could gladly do it for you. The second and third decoders on the list are free. :smile: Rhonda

Last edited: