• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Your Opinion on "GT/CS Registry" Accessory Items

P

PNewitt

I want to run some accessory ideas by the members of the registry for some products that I am considering making. A few of these items may be included with the upcoming book, as part of a packaged deal (included in the book price).

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I'd like your comments and choices for the following items that MAY be made available by this summer:

1. "GT/CS Registry" Decal (same as before, gold and black, round)

2. "GT/CS Registry" Patch (3" diameter). Gold, black, etc.

3. "GT/CS Registry" dash emblem that replaces the red and chrome metal running horse emblem (with tabs) on the right (passenger) side.

4. "GT/CS Registry" Key Fob, with key ring, in chrome. Fob (medallion) design matches decal and patch; in silver or bronze. High quality (note: this key fob medallion will be the same diameter as the center horse emblem in the stock steering wheel center pad.)

5. "GT/CS Registry" Steering Wheel center, to fit on a '68 Shelby steering wheel insert; sim. wood (sold by Branda), OR will fit into a '68 Cougar vinyl insert piece (both which will fit into a Mustang chrome insert piece in the center pad).

6. GT/CS "plate" with production info, etc., for under the hood, about 1" by 2". Not prototypical, but as an informational "accessory" item.

7. GT/CS "Team shirts". They kinda look like NASCAR button down crew shirts, with epaulettes on the shoulders. Embroidered type could include:
"GT/CS Registry", LUCAS, MARCHAL, AUTOLITE, Shelby Automotive, etc. (all with permission). In red or blue??

Anything else?

Thanks for your help, Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

BroadwayBlue

I vote for 1 and 4.

How about something like you had in the 96 registry on the last page to use at car shows with a history of the GT/CS and some pics/sketches.

But instead of it being on paper. A heavier stock or even plaque style that could be used at car shows. Not too big, about the size of the book.
Include references to the site, registry, etc ...
having it personalized with VIN info and other history on the specific car would be cool too and in the color of your car... Ok maybe I'm getting carried away but we're brainstorming right?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

That's a good idea. I'll consider it. maybe at least a small plaque for the dash or under the hood that gives production numbers, and about Shelby Automotive, etc. Like: "This Mustang is one of...that was designed by Shelby Automotive...and sold in...etc..etc..."

I prefer to not to a poll--because I want comments, ideas, and thoughts about this stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

PNewitt said:
I prefer to not to a poll--because I want comments, ideas, and thoughts about this stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Paul N.

Was just thinking people could vote and post thoughts if they had them.
Then it would be easy for you to tally ... you know being busy with the book and all was saving you some time and brainpower ... :wink:

rvrtrash

I would vote for 1, 3 and 5. Didn't your original dash and steering wheel emblems just say GT/CS ? For such a small piece I would rather have fewer words and have the font bigger so it would stand out more.
Steve

bish

GT/CS accessory items

Just my $.02. and something to consider
While I think the dash & steering wheel ideas are very cool ( I own a set of the originals you put out years ago) They are not original to the car so I could see some of you concours guys getting points deducted at shows due to having these non-stock items on your GT/CS.
But they do look very cool

390cs68rcode

bish said:
While I think the dash & steering wheel ideas are very cool ( I own a set of the originals you put out years ago) They are not original to the car so I could see some of you concours guys getting points deducted at shows due to having these non-stock items on your GT/CS.

that is the reason I did not choose them.

case12

Decal, key fob and Patch (1,2,4) for me - Easy to have made, copyright, and they have lots of impact. If any of the other things listed are made, I will buy those also. Casey

Redwingrobb

1, 3 and 4 for me. I look at it a different way. I want to use the dash emblem to educate the car show viewers that it's a real production model and not some garage whim. I've only owned my car for a few weeks, but I'm having to educate everybody in my workplace about what I have. Would love to have something that I could display (maybe a large litho/poster) that would encompass everything about the vehicle that would not only be really cool to frame and hang in my garage, but also something I can take to car shows to give viewers an idea of what they're looking at. I don't know if this would work in with the Registry idea, but it could even be something like a 8x10 poster type insert that would go into the book that would have a decal sticker on the bottom of the poster signed by Paul stating that it's a registered GT/CS. Just brainstorming.. PS. I'd buy into any one of the ideas though..

Last edited:

quicknick

bish said:

My car has both dash and steering wheel emblems. In all these years I have never had points deducted because of them. I've always assumed that most judges didn't know they are aftermarket pieces. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

CJ

Paul these are all great ideas and will be collectibles. I prefer 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

BroadwayBlue said:
Paul,
How about posting a poll where you can make multiple selections? - at least for the choices.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thinking it over, you are absolutely right! Can you set that up, and add GT/CS T-shirts to the list?

I could use "GT/CS" only on some things, but you know, Ford took out a trademark on that this last Dec. So, it's not as "public domain" as it used to be. Adding "Registry" makes it more "acceptable". Not my first choice, tho.

thanks--Paul.

BroadwayBlue

390cs68rcode said:
that is the reason I did not choose them.

I'm nowhere near concours and probably never will be but I didn't vote on items that would be put on the car, other than a window decal.
I still have the original registry decal from the previous owner on my drivers side quarter window. (Is that what's called quarter window? Why doesn't that sound right ... the little wind breaker one)