• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Need your opinion

73pony

I would like some feed back about putting "Lambo Doors" on my 2007 GT/CS. I don't know what hinges to buy or where to have the work done here in the northeast. If you have any ideas on these subjects I would appreciate them. The question is am I going over the edge with these type doors? You can see what I've done to my car so far by going to the gallery on this site. Thanks John (73pony)

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The question is am I going over the edge with these type doors?
Yes, IMHO. I've seen several at Fab Fords and they always seem like a gimmick to me. I'm always expecting the owner to walk toward me and try to sell me beach front property or something.:wink:

ahainline

Im putting them on my 68 CS..... I kid I kid.

I dont think it is true to the car itself, seems kinda poser-ish IMO. I guess it is just your tastes though. If you want them bc it is something that you think will set the car apart from other then its your choice and your money. Do what you please. :)

aemoo28

Too much. Put some bigger tires on instead. Install a Saleen 625 SC.

The salesman when I bought my 08 tried to tell me how cool it was to have these doors. There was a black GT with these doors. All I could think about was this- it'd be hard to screech to a halt and jump out of the car quickly. I'm always thinking safety, and going over a bridge here in Seattle and getting trapped inside a car going under water.

You remember me and the viaduct, right?

Of course with a vert, slash a hole and escape.

(overkill)

GTCS07

Lambo doors are so played out that they don't put them on Lambos any more.

robert campbell

73 pony!! Time for a Whipple or Roush supercharger!!! When atmosphere is not enough!!!! A need for speed!!!

Rob

P

PNewitt

I think you might be interested in the concept art for the 2007 GT/CS (and two subsequent yrs). The ideas that they originally presented to Ford included many items that you can still buy today as aftermarket items.

It will be in my book in the late model chapter.

Paul.