• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Recent Sales on eBay

Mustanglvr

Amazing how far reaching the world wide web is. Offers things most us could never have imagined. Just look at us, like some big family even though most of us have never even met.

Better hang on to those classics and muscle cars, won't be long and they'll all be overseas and ours will be priceless, like that will make any difference, still couldn't sell mine!!!

American made antiques and collectibles are always worth more. :grin:

68 GTCS

This site needs to get to the bottom of these cars with the backwards script on the right side. This is so intriguing to me. I have said so many times that the script was installed at the end of the line with templates and drilled. I would love to get close to this car and see if it is original or a quarter panel replacement.

This anomoly happens way to often. The registrar's perception that these panels were punched is so flawed. I have taken templates that could be reversed and right side applied to the left side......

Gosh, a Friday GT/CS!! Or a Monday with a hangover....

Rob

I remember that long tread, that was my question also, the car I purchased had the backwards script on one side. I later found out the car was a High Country Special. But I still think it was a hung over installer error.

Ruppstang

This site needs to get to the bottom of these cars with the backwards script on the right side. This is so intriguing to me. I have said so many times that the script was installed at the end of the line with templates and drilled. I would love to get close to this car and see if it is original or a quarter panel replacement.

This anomoly happens way to often. The registrar's perception that these panels were punched is so flawed. I have taken templates that could be reversed and right side applied to the left side......

Gosh, a Friday GT/CS!! Or a Monday with a hangover....

Rob

Rob I agree I think Ford only punched the holes for the quarter reflector and ornament. On our HCS the side scoop stud holes were sloppily punched in fact on the driver side they missed and made a second hole. So if they were making holes for the scoops why would they have prepunched for the scripts? There were so few GT-CS and HCS made I can't imagine that Ford did a special set up for them when the quarters were stamped. Marty

Attachments

• 7836518.jpg
    7836518.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 30