• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Recent Sales on eBay

CougarCJ

That green one was well documented and only had a couple of incorrect items under the hood. Still has the thermactor smog equipment.
Looks well bought.

Red one, what is that...a 1969 steering wheel? crazy money for too many incorrect parts.

From just the pictures, the green 3 speed car appears to have been a smoking deal for someone.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That green one was well documented and only had a couple of incorrect items under the hood. Still has the thermactor smog equipment.
Looks well bought.

Red one, what is that...a 1969 steering wheel? crazy money for too many incorrect parts.

From just the pictures, the green 3 speed car appears to have been a smoking deal for someone.

I thought about taking a look at the green one (what a surprise) but then I noticed that it is the least-optioned GT/CS I've ever seen. Just a 289, AM radio, wheel covers, and white wall tires.

And the more I looked at the photos the less interested I became. The paint looks nice, but it's old and seems to have some blotches in it, the passenger script is installed incorrectly (huge red flag), and there are no photos of the underside. It may have a lot of receipts and other documents with it but that doesn't mean it's in good shape. As with any GT/CS a thorough inspection and test drive would have definitely be required before bidding.

robert campbell

This site needs to get to the bottom of these cars with the backwards script on the right side. This is so intriguing to me. I have said so many times that the script was installed at the end of the line with templates and drilled. I would love to get close to this car and see if it is original or a quarter panel replacement.

This anomoly happens way to often. The registrar's perception that these panels were punched is so flawed. I have taken templates that could be reversed and right side applied to the left side......

Gosh, a Friday GT/CS!! Or a Monday with a hangover....

Rob

sam

Definitely like the green one. Also someone knows how to take great calendar shots........well positioned etc.

franklinair

A surprise to me: I just listed my '68 convertible on E-Bay. Four inquiries= Australia, France, Germany, Sweden. Seems these collector Mustangs have an international appeal (and market).

Neil

Well, I just got word on E-Bay: the guy in Sweden bought it for the 'Buy-It-Now' price.

Last edited:

CougarCJ

A buddy of mine just sold his MV Augusta. A broker from Finland bought it and had it transported to Finland.

Must be a favorable exchange rate with the dollar for these foreign buyers.

aemoo28

A surprise to me: I just listed my '68 convertible on E-Bay. Four inquiries= Australia, France, Germany, Sweden. Seems these collector Mustangs have an international appeal (and market). Well, I just got word on E-Bay: the guy in Sweden bought it for the 'Buy-It-Now' price.

My Springtime Yellow '66 T code coupe went to Norway in 1998 with a '67 Thunderbird.

NWGearhead

A surprise to me: I just listed my '68 convertible on E-Bay. Four inquiries= Australia, France, Germany, Sweden. Seems these collector Mustangs have an international appeal (and market).

Neil

Well, I just got word on E-Bay: the guy in Sweden bought it for the 'Buy-It-Now' price.

Sounds like a pretty common theme is developing here. I sold my 1974 El Camino on Craigslist last summer, and it is now cruising the roads in Denmark.

hookedtrout

Amazing how far reaching the world wide web is. Offers things most us could never have imagined. Just look at us, like some big family even though most of us have never even met.

Better hang on to those classics and muscle cars, won't be long and they'll all be overseas and ours will be priceless, like that will make any difference, still couldn't sell mine!!!

John McGilvary

Amazing how far reaching the world wide web is. Offers things most us could never have imagined. Just look at us, like some big family even though most of us have never even met.

Better hang on to those classics and muscle cars, won't be long and they'll all be overseas and ours will be priceless, like that will make any difference, still couldn't sell mine!!!

Our CS's have always been priceless, just some people didn't get it.

John

Midnight Special

...Well, I just got word on E-Bay: the guy in Sweden bought it for the 'Buy-It-Now' price.

Neil

Congratulations on your sale Neil. Another beautiful Mustang from the Master will be enjoyed, tho from afar.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't care if mine went overseas. I would only sell it when I've lost all attachment, and if the price is right - 'far as I'm concerned, the farther away, the better...

Last edited:

Ruppstang

I get pretty attatched to our cars but it makes it easier if it gos to a good owner. I sold my 67 6cil sprint convertible last Sunday to a couple from Omaha Ne. They want me to restore it for them and they do not want to change much of anything. They are so excited, it should be fun to restore spending some elses money. I know that I still will be sad to see them drive it away. Can't keep them all. Right Neil. Say your Mustang dip stick is on low right now you had better find another project pretty quick. Marty

Attachments

• Martys Mustangs 67 Convertible Barn Car 002.jpg
    Martys Mustangs 67 Convertible Barn Car 002.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Martys Mustangs 67 Convertible Barn Car 001.jpg
    Martys Mustangs 67 Convertible Barn Car 001.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Martys Mustangs 014.jpg
    Martys Mustangs 014.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 67 Frost Turquoise convertible.jpg
    67 Frost Turquoise convertible.jpg