• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Newbie Wanting Advice

U D-SIDE

Yep...those links cleared up my comment...Thanks!

Still would be a good deal at around $15k or so...right?

Johnny B.

RedGTvert

Yep...those links cleared up my comment...Thanks!

Still would be a good deal at around $15k or so...right?

Johnny B.

If your talking about the Brittany car, I doubt you'll ever get the dealer to lower his price that far.

Yes, it is a nice car, but in today's market, still overpriced.

OP
OP
D

Doug Allen

Another One

Here is another GC/CS(#270287659279) ...looks like the owner changed out the color from Candyapple to Poppy red (or do you say orange?) and put on some Eleanor Wheels. Again vinyl roof not sure how much I like that.

Another question...what is a fair price to pay for an original California Special like this one or the black one mentioned above. I know that is a loaded question but $16 to $18k for the black one in that condition seems like a good value. Would the member who contacted this gentleman forward me his contact information I can't get to him through eBay. Worth checking out.

Again thanks everyone for the helpful feedback.
Doug

CougarCJ

Ford factory trivia

All of this talk regarding the underside colors of a Mustang got me to thinking about what I have learned about Cougars.

Cougars had sound deadener installed from the factory which included a light coat of undercoating to the bottom of the car. The bottoms of Cougars were painted slop grey. Slop grey is a mixture of paints that were poured into a common container and used for the undersides of Cougars at the Dearborn plant, most likely the San Jose plant too. The thought was that the color of the undercoating wouldn't contrast like the red oxide color might. Plus it was a way of paint recycling at the end of the day/shift.

RedGTvert

Here is another GC/CS(#270287659279) ...looks like the owner changed out the color from Candyapple to Poppy red (or do you say orange?) and put on some Eleanor Wheels. Again vinyl roof not sure how much I like that.

Another question...what is a fair price to pay for an original California Special like this one or the black one mentioned above. I know that is a loaded question but $16 to $18k for the black one in that condition seems like a good value. Would the member who contacted this gentleman forward me his contact information I can't get to him through eBay. Worth checking out.

Again thanks everyone for the helpful feedback.
Doug

Doug, I just checked to see if I still have info. Unfortunately do not. I know his son sells under Ford-Chevy-Classics on Ebay. Maybe you can get in contact through him.

aemoo28

Strongly encouraged!!

Hey guys....I'm another newbie to the old GT/CS. I have an '07, but would like a '68 to match.Johnny B.

I strongly encourage you to have both. I'm warning you though... when you get the '68 CS, the '07 will take the back burner. What color is the '07?