• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Newbie With a Question - Dogdish Hubcaps

stangfan

Hi. I'm new from Victoria BC in Canada. I've been into Mustangs since 96 and am (sort of) looking at the market for a GT/CS. I found one in New Westminster BC on a car lot. Did these cars ever come with dogdish hubcaps? The paint on the steel wheels matches the car, but I don't recall seeing them with that combo. Any thoughts on this car?

Thanks.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Mus...5_10517296_CT200448104827950/?showcpo=ShowCPO

Mosesatm

All the things we normally look for are on the car so it looks good but you MUST get a Marti report to make sure. http://www.martiauto.com/itemselection.cfm?item=REP-1
The first thing I look for are the huge holes in the bottom of the hood for the twist locks.

Also please note that the add is a little misleading in that the car is not a GT even though it may be a GT/CS.

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

I just sent them an e-mail for the VIN. What about the hubcaps? Did these cars come with them? Looks awfully plain.

Thanks for the replies. :cool:

Mosesatm

Yes, the dog-dish caps were standard, I think, but very few cars were ordered/delivered with them.

GT/CS S Code

Howdy neighbour!

Hey "Stangfan"!
Finally another GT/CS website member in Victoria ... ALRIGHT!
:grin:
We're out of town right now for a family visit out in Manitoba, but will be back in Victoria on August 4th. We'll have to get together for a coffee and a BS sesssion! We can take our GT/CS for the drive to the coffee shop so you can have a ride and get a closer look at the "real deal" for reference purposes. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
I can show you Paul's newest edition of the GT/CS book as well so that you'll have some more info on our cars too.
I'll touch base when we get back home from our trip and we'll get together ...
Cheers,
Al & Laurie Page
aka
GT/CS S Code
PS: Do you have a Mustang of any type right now? Were you aware that there is a local Mustang club (VIMA / Vancouver Island Mustang Association) in Victoria for owners (and non-owning enthusiasts) of any year, type or model of Mustang? If you're interested, in the summer they meet at the Beaver Lake BBQ building on the 3rd Wednesday evening of each month for an informal BBQ and club meeting. We'll miss the July meeting since we're out of town, but you could drop by and meet some of the members and Doug the club president ...:grin:

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Ok, here's the VIN on that car: 8r01c147859 Is it in the Registry?

Quite honestly, I am not that interested in this particular one. I was just amazed at the hubcaps, as I have never seen a GT/CS with them before.

If the right car comes along, I am definitely interested in getting one. I already have a Candy Apple 68 Coupe which I would class as a nice driver, and a 90 Limited Edition Mustang Convertible (aka 7-Up Car) which is my show car. I have a website and the Registry on the 7-Ups. If anyone is interested, the site is at: http://90limited7up.stangnet.com/

Thanks for the replies so far. It would be interesting to see if this yellow GT/CS is registered.

Ruppstang

Here is a very nice comcours restored High Country Special with the dog dish hub caps. Marty

Attachments

• Indy Trip 2009 017.JPG
    Indy Trip 2009 017.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 51

CougarCJ

Yes, your car is in the current registry. Owner listed as - Unknown.
C147859 65A W 2A 05C 71 2 W

Maine gt/cs

This is the first time I have seen dog dish caps with the mustang logo and think they look great. Might think about putting them on my 68 Candy Apple J code.

Tim

GT/CS S Code

Should'a figured!

Hey Steve!
Well ... I should'a figured it was you, but being away on holidays you caught me off guard ...
We'll still have to get together for another Starbucks coffee and a GT/CS cruise after we get back though?
(Did you work your way through the big box of car books yet?)
:grin:

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Yeah, it's me allright! :grin:

I'd love a ride in the GT/CS. I've only been in one, and never ridden in an S code Mustang.

I have gotten through the mags. Kept any tech articles that might be of use, some adverts and a cover article on the GT/CS cars. The rest I recycled. Thanks again for those.

See you when you get back!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
My HCS also came with dog dish caps. My Marti report doesn't list any wheel covers, which from my research indicated it came with dog dish caps. The steel wheels on mine (including spare) are painted body color. In my case (Highland Green) it's not that noticeable. Much more so on that yellow GT/CS in the ad.

I think they're a cool look. Certainly not a performance look, but very rare and unique to see at shows.

Attachments

• 1968-Wheels-Dog-Dish.jpg
    1968-Wheels-Dog-Dish.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 23
  • jonhanna2.jpg
    jonhanna2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Marti Report Hanna.jpg
    Marti Report Hanna.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 32