• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Newbie

ProFat

Hello all,

I'm new to the gt/cs community. I recently acquired a nice driver quality gt/cs. It's a white c code with factory ps as about the only option. The black interior appears to be original and is still in very good condition. My plans at the moment are to just do a driving sympathetic restoration. It is extremely rust free. Original floors and all original sheet metal. It will need a respray at some point but the original engine has had a recent rebuild and it drives pretty decent. I am currently in the middle if a rotisserie restoration of a 65 fastback so that takes up most of my free time. Any way this looks like a cool site and I have already picked up some good pointers on a grill and surround restoration. I was lucky enough to get the last pair of fog light brackets from delta bay and just finished that project. Anyway I'm sure I will be lurking quite a bit picking up pointers on this interesting breed of mustang. This is my fourth classic mustang but my first gt/cs. I hope to learn alot along the way and offer assistance when I can.

Cheers

Brett.

Humble, Tx

somethingspecial

Welcome

Welcome Brett, You will find owning a GT/CS is an experience all it's self. LOL. Love to see pics of the car, and of course, GOTTA ASK, being the friendly neighborhood Registrar, Can you send me the VIN on the car and/or the Marti Report if you have it. Would love to make sure it is in the Registry.

stangfan

Welcome aboard. This is a great place for the GT/CS enthusiast. Lots of helpful people and information. You might want to consider picking up a copy of the GT/CS Recognition Guide and Owner's Manual by Paul Newitt. It has an incredible amount of information and detail in it. I've read mine cover to cover, and it is a great reference for the GT/CS owner. :grin:

shane18fly

Brett, Welcome..I can attest to the sheer volume of collective info the folks are eager to share on this site. I definitely encourage you to visit our local Texas encyclopedia Arlie right there in Humble. He has always provided excellent/reliable info and eager to help...Thanks Arlie and welcome again Brett...shane