• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Thought

meadowsdk28

Reminds me of the lawyer from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. As your attorney I would advise you to.................BLUE!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Isn't the sky BLUE today!! Hopefully, there is no one on this site that is feeling alittle BLUE. If so, my suggestion would be that you buy a BLUE GT/CS and take it for a drive. Wear a BLUE hat, and BLUE jeans during your drive. BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE........... ;D

Just kidding of course. I heard there were other colors of GT/CS like Gold, but don't know much about other colors.

Paul

Mosesatm

Is Gulfstream Aqua considered blue? It's green....ish right?

Mustanglvr

The Gulfstream Aqua blue is a perty color. :eek: And ya you could consider it a shade of green or a shade of blue. LOL Rhonda

nfrntau

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=30#msg11298 date=1118067278]
Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

What about me? You hit me hard man

Mustanglvr

From what I can tell there are alot of people who want an original Highland green GT/CS, almost to the point of obsession. (Like Moses) I figure if I can do a favor to someone who wants one that bad, then it would be no problem for me to trade straight across for one of another color. Its probably better than me repainting the one I have a different color someday. Don`t get me wrong, Highland green is a great color and the saddle brown interior goes great with the green but, my dream car is blue. Plain and simple. I don`t want to hurt anybodys feelings here but thats the way I feel. My mothers 70 Mach 1 was a beautiful dark blue and maybe that was imprinted on me from an early age or something, I don`t know. I know she nicknamed it "The Blue Max". Green is fine for me and my GT/CS. I love my car and if it has to stay green all the time I have it, then so be it. To own a car like the one I have it could be any color. I would`nt care. Rhonda

hookedtrout

It's ok Rhonda, there's nothing wrong with the blue feelings you have. A blue Mustang with white stripes is simply the ultimate short of a blue Shelby with white stripes. My exact response to the guy at the Rick Warner Ford Mustang show that offered me $20,000 for my car was, "Sure I'll sell it to ya for that, as soon as you find me another one to replace it, with a few more options, in just as good of shape or better...oh and it has to be blue with white stripes like this one." He took that as a no, deservedly so.

Hook

P

PNewitt

Just a reminder to those of you who might be "feeling blue" about "Highland Green"...

... that was the color of Bullitt's Fastback. That color looks great while "blurring" through San Francisco.

The Green Hornet was also dark green, but with custom gold metalflake instead of silver.

Paul "Maroon" N.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11333 date=1118106749]
[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=30#msg11298 date=1118067278]
Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay. Here is my final comment on this matter. If you have a GT/CS, you are way cool in my book no matter what the color!!!! I love them all. ;D :D ;D :D

Paul

hookedtrout

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11348 date=1118153487]
[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11333 date=1118106749]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay. Here is my final comment on this matter. If you have a GT/CS, you are way cool in my book no matter what the color!!!! I love them all. ;D :D ;D :D

Paul
[/quote]

Good comment I must say.

Hook

rvrtrash

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11280 date=1118027096]
[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11263 date=1118014809]
Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing.

Hook
[/quote]

I'm thinking it would be a limited edition of "1" making it incredibly rare. Up here in the north, it would have to be long sleeve and flannel. :D

Steve

I can do that as a "limited edition shirt" just for Idaho GT/CS owners only--if you want.. ::)

Paul N.
[/quote]

rvrtrash

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11258 date=1118006235]
This could get real complicated real fast. Some people like long sleeves, some women like "French cut" sleeves, and/or a pastel color, there's kids sizes, and some want front pockets, and then there are sweatshirts, etc.... BTW--I'll add a drawing on the back of the shirt. Some new artwork. Would you like the original newspaper ad for the GT/CS that came out in March '68?

This is tricky--because ALL of this has to be ordered all at once from a screen printer.

I plan on first getting a good grip on the text of the new book, then I'll do a mass mailing (about 800) to

1. ask for any updates, Marti Reports, new ownership, etc...from members of the registry,

2. announce when the book will be ready (??),

3. and then offer T-Shirts, the sizes, etc. It becomes a bit of a nightmare. I really don't like doing the "advance order" thing unless I have to. I would just like to do everything in one mailing out to everyone.

I just hope that doing it like this is acceptable to everyone.

Paul N.
[/quote]

Paul, first of all, please do whatever you feel like doing. We don't want to load you down and stress you out. Second, I'd say most of your shirt sales would come from this board, as anyone that really cares about their cars are probably already here. I would consider offering the shirt one way (short sleeve) in 3 sizes and take paid in advance orders (I trust you) for a certain amount of time. Set up a paypal account we can just make deposits too, and when time is up, make the shirts and send them out. Totally seperate from the book. Just my unsolicited .02

Steve ;)

mmillstx

Wow this thread has proced alot of great ideas. (as well as alot that were not) I am fine with ant decision that Paul has and or will make. I just have one question.....

Is there no love out there for Lime Gold?

hookedtrout

[quote author=mmillstx link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11359 date=1118166750]
Wow this thread has proced alot of great ideas. (as well as alot that were not) I am fine with ant decision that Paul has and or will make. I just have one question.....

[/quote]

My second choice...no doubt! Right behind...you knew that was coming! ;)

Hook

hcsstang

I don't care what color it is as long that it's a GTCS or HCS Mustang. ;D 8). One of my sons friends pulled in with a CJ, boy it was in bad shape. It was left sit out for a number of years outside. Well they pulled the motor and found the VIN on the motor. I know the kid won't spend the money to fix it up the right way. The car has every think but it will take every thing to fix her up. Raven black with black interior and a four speed.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11363 date=1118174950]
I don't care what color it is as long that it's a GTCS or HCS Mustang. ;D 8). One of my sons friends pulled in with a CJ, boy it was in bad shape. It was left sit out for a number of years outside. Well they pulled the motor and found the VIN on the motor. I know the kid won't spend the money to fix it up the right way. The car has every think but it will take every thing to fix her up. Raven black with black interior and a four speed.
[/quote]

A CJ CS or HCS???????????????????????

if so (or a 681/2) please email me. I will fix it up right.

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11342 date=1118119454]
....repainting the one I have a different color someday.
[/quote]

Gasp!!! :eek:

Mosesatm

[quote author=mmillstx link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11359 date=1118166750]

[/quote]

Lime Gold Good!

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=45#msg11342 date=1118119454]
My mothers 70 Mach 1 was a beautiful dark blue [/quote]

Presidential Blue Gooood.