• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Thought

case12

Paul, I like these shirts because of the idea of having the color match your car - and then having the registry logo (outline, no color) on the sleeve or back would be cool (that way the "car outline" is on the shirt too). I am presuming there will be a new registry logo....

Maybe take pre-orders to reduce the required investment (for the book, shirt, other)? I would be willing to pay ahead of time. Just a thought. Casey

hookedtrout

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11237 date=1117978631]
Paul, I like these shirts because of the idea of having the color match your car - and then having the registry logo (outline, no color) on the sleeve or back would be cool (that way the "car outline" is on the shirt too). I am presuming there will be a new registry logo....

Maybe take pre-orders to reduce the required investment (for the book, shirt, other)? I would be willing to pay ahead of time. Just a thought. Casey
[/quote]

Yea. What Casey said. Long sleeve T's would be a nice option as well.

Hook

P

PNewitt

This could get real complicated real fast. Some people like long sleeves, some women like "French cut" sleeves, and/or a pastel color, there's kids sizes, and some want front pockets, and then there are sweatshirts, etc.... BTW--I'll add a drawing on the back of the shirt. Some new artwork. Would you like the original newspaper ad for the GT/CS that came out in March '68?

This is tricky--because ALL of this has to be ordered all at once from a screen printer.

I plan on first getting a good grip on the text of the new book, then I'll do a mass mailing (about 800) to

1. ask for any updates, Marti Reports, new ownership, etc...from members of the registry,

2. announce when the book will be ready (??),

3. and then offer T-Shirts, the sizes, etc. It becomes a bit of a nightmare. I really don't like doing the "advance order" thing unless I have to. I would just like to do everything in one mailing out to everyone.

I just hope that doing it like this is acceptable to everyone.

Paul N.

hookedtrout

Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing. It's your baby and I'll respect it however you make it just make sure I'm on the list, it'll be well worth what ever you make out of it all.

Hook

390cs68rcode

as long as Rhonda gets a white one for the wet T-Shirt contest that's all that matters. ;)

You can sign me up for 2 adults and 2 kids ones.

P

PNewitt

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11263 date=1118014809]
Hey Paul, you do it any way you want to do it. I'll even wear a French cut T if that's all you feel like doing.

Hook
[/quote]

I can do that as a "limited edition shirt" just for Idaho GT/CS owners only--if you want.. ::)

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

I`m gettin too old for wet t-shirts guys. Anyway, mine would have to be Highland green unless someone wants to trade me a blue (any shade) GT/CS for my GT/CS, then it would be blue. ;D Rhonda

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11275 date=1118022582]
as long as Rhonda gets a white one for the wet T-Shirt contest that's all that matters. ;)

[/quote]

Hey Jason; I think we should also throw Sara into the mix with the white for the wet T-Shirt contest!!!!

Don :D :D

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11283 date=1118028490]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11275 date=1118022582]

[/quote]

Hey Jason; I think we should also throw Sara into the mix with the white for the wet T-Shirt contest!!!!

Don :D :D
[/quote]

the more the merrier! It is just hard to say I have seen enough wet Tshirts.

P

PNewitt

I just got a call from Paris Hilton.

She said she'd wash my Maroon GT/CS for a hamburger and a free GT/CS T-Shirt.

What to do?? ::)

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=15#msg11282 date=1118028441]
I`m gettin too old for wet t-shirts guys. Anyway, mine would have to be Highland green unless someone wants to trade me a blue (any shade) GT/CS for my GT/CS, then it would be blue. ;D Rhonda
[/quote]

Blue?!!!!

luisa2552

Rhonda, say it ain't so!!! Trade your highland Green for blue??!?!? Never!!! Although a blue shirt is more my color.......
Sara

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Okay. Since I started this thread, I got to say this is cool where it has gone.

I would love to have one of the T-shirts. As a matter of fact, I would love to have one of the ones Paul has in his picture. I would wear one to every show!!! Personnally, I like the idea Paul had on the color of the shirt matches the color of the car.

Here is another thought. What about putting the www.californiaspecial.com name on it someplace?

Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=30#msg11300 date=1118069734]
Blue?!!!!
[/quote]

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You finally got it! I'm really proud of you. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hook

hookedtrout

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1755;start=30#msg11298 date=1118067278]

Anyway, Hook and I are the only right ones when choosing colors!!!! BLUE. I am supprised they made the Cal Spec in any other color!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hook

Mosesatm

doktor note plese reed

To Whom It May Concern on the California Special Message Board:

My client, known to you as “Mosesatm”, recently came to my office in a daze. For the first few hours all he could say was, “blue”, sometimes as a statement and other times as a question, but always with an odd bewildered look on his face. After hours of therapy and numerous margaritas (for me) I have finally come to the inescapable conclusion that the man is suffering from certifiablynutsismosis, but then I’m sure you all knew that.

This is a good time to apologize to all of you for my apparent negligence in allowing him to gain access to your message board. I hadn’t heard from him for quite some time since my word-renowned treatment method for schitzoneuroautomania was again successful. I thought I was finally free of him. If you can imagine a melding of the movies, “What about Bob”, and “The Pink Panther” you may have some small idea of his behavior years ago, and of what my life was like. And to think that I thought I was through with him…and then something happens on your message board to send him over the edge and back to my office!

From what my advance intellect can decipher from his mutterings is that he recently suffered a severe shock regarding someone named Rhonda, some sort of green car, and some sort of blue car. I’m still not totally clear but my analysis leaves me to believe that Rhonda wants a blue car instead of a green car. It’s a little difficult when all he says is, “green car, blue car, Rhonda, highland, wet t-shirt, and Nissan 3.5L”. I have yet to decipher how the words, “Highland, Nissan 3.5L, or wet t-shirt” tie into this scenario. I must admit that I do not fully understand my client’s reaction to this Rhonda’s choice of car color but being that I am the foremost expert in treating wack- jobs like him I will have him all fixed up and back to normal(?) in short order.

In the meantime I ask that none of you mention anything about a blue car or a green car, or a red fish or a blue fish, or green eggs and ham. The slightest provocation may set off another severe reaction, sending him right back to my office.

Please help me and don’t let that happen!

Thank you for your concern and patience

Dr. Fredrick Von Quack, md, cpa, ipo, cfo, cbs, vpn, fbi, irs, nra, aaa, dea, atf, vp, pices