• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My GT/CS Purchase!

GT_CS

Hi All!

On a more positive note from my last post: I have been meaning to come on here and tell you all about the GT/CS I have imported from California to the UK recently therefore adding a second GT/CS to our family collection. Aside from a paint job it seems pretty solid and original car that's spent its life in california! Got a marti report to verify the car too

I think I'll attach some pictures for now!

Fasar

Attachments

• gtcs 1.jpg
    gtcs 1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 75
  • gtcs 2.jpg
    gtcs 2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 82
  • gtcs 3.jpg
    gtcs 3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 84
  • gtcs 4.jpg
    gtcs 4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 0730091137.jpg
    0730091137.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 0730091226b_01.jpg
    0730091226b_01.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 70

franklinair

VERY nice. I have a '68 convertible in the Sunlit Gold color. Its a great color. I noticed the Deluxe door panels. I'll attach a couple photos, showing the Deluxe interior that I installed in mine.
I don't recognize the exhaust cutouts on the rear valance. Are they rectangular?Nice acquisition.

Neil Hoppe

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GT_CS

HI NEIL,

thank you for your nice comments, the marti report confirms deluxe belts but I think the last owner replaced the old door cards with the deluxe ones. I remember one of the guys on this forum (sunlit gold) had a sunlit gold GT/CS, it is a very unusual colour for a mustang but very eye catching on the gtcs! Yes the exhaust cut out are rectangular! I love your interior! Beautiful!

BTW I can see that you have a seafoam green GTCS on your avatar? is that yours? because ironically I also own a seafoam green 68 coupe!

franklinair

My CS is Meadowlark Yellow, black interior- which I am in the process of upgrading to the Black Deluxe interior.

Neil

PS: My new Avatar, shows current exterior.

Midnight Special

...Very Nice and Congratulations on your purchase!
I'm curious of where in California she came from. I looked at a simular one about four years ago, but she had black license plates.

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much!The car was located in delhi ca, this could possibly be the one as the guy i bought it off (blair) had the car for about 4-6 years, ring any bells???

P.S. Tim i am jealous that you have 11x more GT/CS than me lol! I love the Green 390!!!!

Last edited:

Sarge

Just so you know, the rest of us are envious as well. You go to Tim's and it is a freaking haven for GT/CS and other wonderful vehicles.

Midnight Special

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much!The car was located in delhi ca, this could possibly be the one as the guy i bought it off (blair) had the car for about 4-6 years, ring any bells???

P.S. Tim i am jealous that you have 11x more GT/CS than me lol! I love the Green 390!!!!

...No, the one I viewed was in Eldorado Hills near Sacramento, CA. I forget the gentleman's name, but I don't think it was "Blair". Thinking back, it was not in nice of shape as yours is, (at the time) but the owner was restoring it for eventual sale.

Also, you and "Sarge" are too nice... My only answer to "jealousy" is for you to contact me if you're ever in the neighborhood. You will be given the car of your choice for an afternoon drive in exchange for your enthusiasm and membership here. After all - I blame all "excess" on cs(dot)com success!!
:)

Attachments

• DSC_1196.jpg
    DSC_1196.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0438.jpg
    DSC_0438.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_1161.jpg