• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Is this trunk lid a good purchase? Opinions

limelyt

well it needs a lot of work. But they hard to find and I do not know if there is a really good repop made yet. Kind of wondering what the two wires are for.

Gary

dalorzo_f

OEM for the same price as repro looks good to me. Doesn't look like it would need much more work than a repro, maybe less.

The wires look like they may be for a trunk light. Hard to tell, but in one shot it kinda almost looks like one on the right hand side of the lip at the rear...

robert campbell

I have to say that an original is way better than a repop. Repops need lots of fitment work. If I needed an original this looks like a decent buy. I would like to see a picture closer to the hinge mounting holes.

I would love some talk on the wires. Trunk light of course. How many people have trunk lights? It was part of an option package in 1967. Seen talk about this on shelby convertibles.

Thoughts?

Rob

CougarCJ

I would love some talk on the wires. Trunk light of course. How many people have trunk lights? It was part of an option package in 1967. Seen talk about this on shelby convertibles.

Thoughts?

Rob

Standard mercury switch, with one wire. A second ground wire would need to be installed to make it work with fiberglass deck lids.