• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Latest Mustang Purchase

joedls

GTCSMustang said:
I feel really lucky. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to buy it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need to sell my GT/CS. Oh well, can't keep them all.

A Highland Green GT/CS for sale? Do I hear Arlie lurking?

Diesel Donna

GTCSMustang said:
I feel really lucky. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to buy it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need to sell my GT/CS. Oh well, can't keep them all.

Nooooooo! Sell the 2000 GT Coupe instead.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Bob Teets (the HCS registrar) told me that he knows about 6-HCS cars with 428s. The condition and whereabouts of the other 3 is unknown.

Scott

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Hey Jason,

Since you are always giving me a hard time about never driving my cars, I put driver-tires on the new purchase. It came with aftermarket wheels and today I put the original ones back on. Looks a lot better.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00053.JPG
    DSC00053.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 30

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
Hey Jason,

Since you are always giving me a hard time about never driving my cars, I put driver-tires on the new purchase. It came with aftermarket wheels and today I put the original ones back on. Looks a lot better.

Scott

soooooo have you driven it?................more than once? :grin:

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Jason,
Yep, I've driven it a little. Probably three or four miles. Took the wife for a ride yesterday and she said she's never riding with me again. Don't think that has anything to do with the car though. I filled the inside of the car with burning-rubber smoke, which is apparently a bad thing for her. She said she can't get the burning rubber smell out of her hair. Hmmm....maybe a new perfume line? What do you think?

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
Jason,
Yep, I've driven it a little. Probably three or four miles. Took the wife for a ride yesterday and she said she's never riding with me again. Don't think that has anything to do with the car though. I filled the inside of the car with burning-rubber smoke, which is apparently a bad thing for her. She said she can't get the burning rubber smell out of her hair. Hmmm....maybe a new perfume line? What do you think?

lit up the tires I see. I have found the repro polyglas tires make THICK smoke very quickly. try it sometime (just don't use the original polyglas tires you have).

3-4 miles, that's a start. I figure I can give you a hard enough time and sooner or later you might drive them 20 miles a WEEK!

hicountrybob

GTCSMustang said:
Thanks to Mr. Bob Teets, I am now the new owner of a 1968 High Country Special. Mr. Teets was gracious enough to make the initial contact between me and the former owner, which eventually resulted in me buying the car. The car came out of South Dakota, which is where it has been all its life. The owner I bought the car from had owned it since January of 1970. Completely rust free car that still has its original paint and interior.

Specifics on the car are:

Candyapple Red Paint
Black Décor Bucket Seats
Denver DSO
3.50 Standard Axle Ratio
C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
GT Equipment Group
F70X14 Belted Traction Tires
Console (upper and lower)
Power Disc Brakes
Power Steering
AM Radio
Interior Décor Group
Tinted Glass
428 Cobra Jet – 4V (factory)

Built on 18 July 1968

Thanks again Bob!!
SCOTT, I, too, am tickled that you bought this car. 2 other inquiries have had an opportunity as of late, to buy this 428 HCS ie. one in Washington state who inquired and talked to this prior owner but then just went away, and another person in Texas inquired and said he would have to talk to his wife and then you called me and BINGO. Sold, and even I did not know that this guy had saved all that stuff from his car over the years. Really, I would rather have your car over mine 'cause you can claim to have an original car (maybe with the exception of tires) and of course I can't because of new paint, interior, etc. I wish to thank you, also, for getting down on your hands and knees at Knottsberry and noting my ORIGINAL exhaust system ie. I thought it had been changed over the years because of the sloppy welds that are present, (and it is getting quite loud but I love it). I've always been proud, tho, to tell the looky lu's at car shows about the original C8ZZ cross muffler on this car. Sure hope we can display together one day, perhaps at the Knottsberry '07 get together, with other CS/HCS owners. Thanks, also, for sending me the correct gasket for my starter delay (what a find). Enjoy it, Scott, I do mine. I drive mine to work at least 3-4 times a month and just love putting my foot over the sills on those mornings. Thanks also for stepping up to this car $wise, as this will help me justify (if need be) the value of our 428 car to the insurance company each year as I adjust my cars' values. Yours in the faith(HCS), Bob Teets here.

390cs68rcode

for the record I was not the guy in Texas who had to talk to his wife. I just have things show up and my wife says to me "Oh, I see you got another (car/toy) today" :grin:

Mosesatm

Wasn't me either. I don't have that kind of money!!! And I really don't want her driving a 428 anything. Once she did she would be hooked, then we'd all be in trouble.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Bob,

Thanks again for the lead that landed me the car. I never thought I'd own one because of how rare they are. The prior owner in South Dakota mentioned another person in Florida that was interested in the car, but apparnetly passsed. Probably because of the price. As you know, this car wasn't cheap. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have it and hopefully we can get the two cars together sometime. What a picture that would be. And if that exhaust gets too loud for you, just let me know. I'll take it off your hands and buy you a new Branda system.

Scott

BroadwayBlue

390cs68rcode said:
for the record I was not the guy in Texas who had to talk to his wife. I just have things show up and my wife says to me "Oh, I see you got another (car/toy) today" :grin:

You did come to mind Jason. :grin:

I was out the other day with my family driving through town and a nice red 68 coupe drove by ... I slowed down and checked it out as it passed and watched it in the mirror go down the road. My typical routine when a Mustang passes.
My wife says "NO MORE CARS!! ... She said I'd rather you look at another woman than another car!"
I said "Why?"
She said "Another car will cost me more money"
I said "If I bring home another woman that might cost money too" :grin:

BroadwayBlue

390cs68rcode said:
buy her another car then you can justify another one for you. worked for me.

Mmmm good thought ... of course classic wise she wants a GTO or Chevelle. The GTO I can deal with. She's happy with her Expedition for now in the new category. I'll keep it in mind though.

Mustanglvr

GTCSMustang said:
Bob,

Thanks again for the lead that landed me the car. I never thought I'd own one because of how rare they are. The prior owner in South Dakota mentioned another person in Florida that was interested in the car, but apparnetly passsed. Probably because of the price. As you know, this car wasn't cheap.

Scott

Sooooo.... Scott, If you don`t mind...... How much did you pay for the car? We are setting standards here when guys like you can go out and spend a wad of money on a car like this. I understand if you want to keep this private.