• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS in latest Mustang Monthly

BroadwayBlue

There is an article ""The Rally Boss" in the latest Mustang Monthly on a 70 Boss that ran in the New England Vintage Rally.

There is a small picture in the article of the Grabber Orange Boss next to what they refer to as "a very original GT/CS".

I'm guessing this is Deestix's car as he mentioned in his gallery that he drove in that rally. (here is his gallery - http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=32)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Deestix - if you read this - I left you a PM awhile back about the Garden State show - was trying to get some info - thanks!)

Last edited:

deestix

Hi Broadway Blue,
I got the issue (May '08) yesterday, and didn't flip through it until this evening. Yes, that is my car, and I had no idea it was going to be in the magazine. (BTW, the article title is "The Rally Boss", and it starts on p. 42. My car is pictured on p. 44.)
My co-driver and fellow Mustang owner Steve Hansen and I met Tom on the rally, but didn't spend that much time with him, as we now have so many other friends who do the New England 1000 with us. This was my 6th time on the rally, and 2nd time the GT/CS has done it (2005 and 2007). The first 3 years (1998-2000) Steve and I did the rally in his '66 Sunbeam Tiger, Ford powered of course. Very cool car to drive.
Tom's Boss is very nicely done, but it's just not my cup of tea. I prefer my old cars as original as possible, as mine is.
Attached are a couple of other photos from last year's event. As you can see, there is quite a variety of vehicles.
Broadway Blue, I will respond to your PM separately. And thanks for guessing correctly about my car!
Deestix (Richard R.)

Attachments

• 2007 NE1000 SLH digital pix 049.jpg
    2007 NE1000 SLH digital pix 049.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ABB004.jpg
    ABB004.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 24

rvrtrash

The first 3 years (1998-2000) Steve and I did the rally in his '66 Sunbeam Tiger, Ford powered of course. Very cool car to drive.

Deestix (Richard R.)

Obviously a gentleman with fine taste in cars! :wink:

Steve (not that one--a different one)