• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

robert campbell

Neil, from my experience with Seattle/Bremerton traffic, it takes an hour just to get to the coffee shop.
Ralph

Yup, one hour "scenic" ferry ride between Seattle and Bremerton. And then a 40 minute drive to scenic Belfair were Rob & Val’s lake cabin is. Each way. Not to mention a 30 minute drive from Bellevue to the Ferry terminal.

You can drive South from Bellevue to Tacoma and then West skipping Bremerton and going directly to the Belfair area that I estimate would take one hour total. As this will be Saturday, the traffic will be lighter. That may add 2 hours to your time at my cabin!!

That is why I want to start the party at noon on Saturday. So you can have some fun and not get back to your room at midnight before the Sunday show. You will be able to experience some of the concurs show on Saturday early and then come over.

Best I can do to fit a party in on this weekend. Friday is the pony trail drive. Sunday the big “show”.

By the way, if you skip the concurs show and have a leisurely breakfast, you can come by as early as you want. I will be tending the brisket starting early Friday afternoon all through the night. So you can come by any time Saturday!

Rob

franklinair

I'm planning on reserving ALL of Saturday for the Rob/Val excursion. Hope Amy will be our tourguide!

Neil

Northern Pony

Looks like I better throw some good old Canadian Beer in my trunk as well. Just worried it will be too much weight for Gary ( limelyt ). But let's think a minute, if I put beer in my trunk at Calgary, will it still be there by the time I reach Bellevue????????
BoB

limelyt

a 1 hour ferry ride!!!! we might have to meet on the boat as I can drink a lot of beer in 1 hour...but I will save some for the cabin :icon_lol:

Gary

hicountrybob

That makes four Calspec at that hotel and counting

Add #5 Special (the BAD BOY 428 HCS) to Embassy Suites at Belleview. Coming in WED. afternoon for THURSDAY racing, FRIDAY for Pony Trails, SAT. AM for tire kicking and looky lue at concourse judging site and then on to Rob's for Beans and Whatnot SAT. morning or EARLY SAT. afternoon. MAYBE tour to Rob's anyone????????????? THEN, the main attraction Sunday. Anyone need a ride to any of the activities, LET'S TALK, when we are at the Embassy on Wed/Thurs/Friday or Sat. AM. (I think I'm going to have to buy a GPS? for all this moving around). FYI, the gal at the Suites that took my reservations last night said that they're getting the rooms filled quite rapidly. See you there! Hicountry Bob here.

franklinair

ALLRIGHT,Bob. It will be good to see you again. I had a great time riding in your 428 HCS on the LA freeway!
My schedule is to arrive on Thursday (probably late afternoon/early evening.

Neil

robert campbell

Add #5 Special (the BAD BOY 428 HCS) to Embassy Suites at Belleview. Coming in WED. afternoon for THURSDAY racing, FRIDAY for Pony Trails, SAT. AM for tire kicking and looky lue at concourse judging site and then on to Rob's for Beans and Whatnot SAT. morning or EARLY SAT. afternoon. MAYBE tour to Rob's anyone????????????? THEN, the main attraction Sunday. Anyone need a ride to any of the activities, LET'S TALK, when we are at the Embassy on Wed/Thurs/Friday or Sat. AM. (I think I'm going to have to buy a GPS? for all this moving around). FYI, the gal at the Suites that took my reservations last night said that they're getting the rooms filled quite rapidly. See you there! Hicountry Bob here.

Bob!! No need for GPS! We will take GOOD care of you!! Wow!! You are the man, and I cannot wait to meet you!!

Rob

calspcl

Being a local boy, I will have to bring out the beast to Robs BBQ and enter the peoples choice on Sunday to add to the representation of coupes w/scoops!

robert campbell

If we can pull it off, I could arrange a longer drive to the BBQ where you can see a bit of backroads of Kitsap County. Along Hood Canal and very rural and pretty.

Of course not to cut into beer and brisket time. Priorities!!!

Rob

franklinair

I spoke with my old Mustang mentor (he's even older than me!) in Miami, and I think I have him convinced to also come to the big show in July. He is an encyclopedia of Mustangs & details (all years). I'll keep you posted.

Neil

robert campbell

Neil,
Older than you!! What, is he 50??? You stud you. I cannot wait until July!! We are gonna have some fun!

Val's Fastback should be on her feet tomorrow!! Badder than ever!!

Rob

robert campbell

Amy and he new friend Raquel came over for a bit today! Went out and beat on the GT/CS a bit! Lots of fun!

We were counting the people for July!!! Can't wait!

Hope you are hungry!!!!

Rob

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Robert any chance since you live near by the show you can get all the calspecs parking together for the Sunday show?

OKAY here it is- I need to know NOW who is coming so I can block off spaces MAYBE with Jeannie's permission.

IF everyone gets there promptly at opening time with their 68 CS cars then we can hog the section.

It was only myself, Steve (mechanical guy) and Bill (traveledGTCS) last year. The year before I had 40 spaces reserved for our GT/CS section.

I am a loudmouth member of the sponsoring club, Mustangs Northwest.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Amy and her new friend Raquel came over for a bit today! Went out and beat on the GT/CS a bit! Lots of fun!
Rob

It was a perfect clear sunny day for racing around in Rob's CS. What a beast! The car too! Went roaring around & left rubber on the streets of Bremerton woo hoooo! Thanks for the good time, Rob! As always!!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Ok whomever is going to the Rob BBQ- I will meet you at the XXX Root Beer Drive In on Saturday, time to be determined, and we will caravan to the Bremerton ferry and I will lead you to Rob's cabin... I will provide my cell phone if you PM me.

We may have to visit J Speegle who will be judging the Sat show & prob won't make it til late to Rob's.

XXX is right off I-90, near the MCA show.

98 NE Gilman Boulevard
Issaquah, Wa
425 392 1266

Amy