• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

robert campbell

Neil!! You are the man! Can't wait to spend some more time with you!! Us young kids need to be kept in check!

Rob

limelyt

I just made my reservation @ the Embassy Suites-Belleview (since that is the host hotel for the show). Should arrive Thurs, 7-15. Saturday I'm planning on eating Rob out of house & home, Sun for the show, return home on Monday the 19th.

Neil

That makes four Calspec at that hotel and counting

di81977

I am relatively new to the Ford scene. What happens at an MCA show? Is this a national show, regional show, etc? Seems like a lot of interest in attending...maybe all a result of Rob's BBQ?

Thanks
David

franklinair

MCA shows are the greatest!! Mustangs, Mustangs, and more Mustangs. All years, good, bad & (some) ugly. Pretty much the whole spectrum- years, models, condition, from beaters to magnifcent concourse. If you can make it, I HIGHLY recommend it. Good folks, and MCA shows are well staged. And lots of vendors & flea market.
I've usually only attended those here in the east, but I've made so many friends out west, it's a good time to get together.
Try it - you'll like it. I won't have my C/S there (a bit of a drive from NC!) but I'll still be able to drool over the beauties that are there.

Neil

J_Speegle

I am relatively new to the Ford scene. What happens at an MCA show? Is this a national show, regional show, etc? ..............

MCA is the national club and regional groups apply to host National shows in their area. Normally there are about five annually located around the lower 48 states and Canada - so far. Since some of the national awards are associated with the accumulation of points some will travel great distances to get this points towards those awards. Also these national events do not return (normally) to the same region year after years so if you get the opportunity IMHO take the opportunity to participate.

Like everything - you many not enjoy everything about these larger shows, but I assure you that you will find many things that you will.

We'll see everyone there

di81977

Neil and Jeff,

Thanks for the info. Not sure why I have not heard more about MCA.

My son is a senior in high school and one of his top college choices is the University of Puget Sound. If he gets accepted and decides that is where he wants to go, I might be able to pull off a trip to Seattle in July. Sounds like it will be a fun time.

david

franklinair

I joined MCA many years ago. They also put out a pretty nice monthly magazine.

Neil

robert campbell

The Mustang Roundup is an event to behold. The shear volume of Mustangs and collectable Fords cannot be matched by any single event in the country IMO. Coupling this with an MCA stop is still more icing on the cake. It looks like they may get a track day at Bremerton Raceway which is very close to my home and lake cabin. Years ago I used to bracket race our Mustang there. Lots of fun, and they also can set up an autocross course. Depends on what Mustangs Northwest decides to do.

The participant choice show on Sunday can attract 1,500 cars. It is nearly exhausting to see and fill out your ballet. I will have Neil do mine!!!

I can’t wait to see as many of you as possible. This will be great fun! And to get the Arlie seal of approval for my brisket!!! A true Texas guy used to the biggest and the best! Maybe he can attract “in front of you” to the great NW!

Rob

Northern Pony

We are also booked into Embasy Suites Bellevue, course we will be traveling with Limelyt another GT/CS and hopefully more cars out of Alberta.

Right now i am tempted to book an Alaskan cruise out of Washington or Vancouver following the show.

BoB

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Woo hoooo! woop woop! I'm so excited y'all are coming in July! Rob we are in for it!

Just bought a black on black (of course) V8 Explorer (my other SUV pooped out) so I can do airport shuttle and hold 5 passengers. Everyone please fly in together to SeaTac.

AND to carpool to Rob's on Sat (ferry is $15 each way) I can still hold 5 more peeps comfortably.

Ruppstang

I am relatively new to the Ford scene. What happens at an MCA show? Is this a national show, regional show, etc? Seems like a lot of interest in attending...maybe all a result of Rob's BBQ?

Thanks
David

David if you get Mustang Monthly there is a artical in January's addition about winning in the MCA. It gives you a good idea of what the MCA is all about. Our Jeff Speegle should get a lot of credit, this year he lead the best judges meeting I have ever attended. Caught the attention of Donald Farr the editor of Mustang Monthly. Way to go Jeff! Marty MCA 38812

J_Speegle

Marty - thanks for the kind comments - just doing the job I was hired for ;)

Hopefully we will work towards getting everyone in step in the year to come. Would be nice to improve (what the plan is designed to do) the consistency in judging. Not that everyone will agree with everything (never do) but at least it’s allot easier if you know what to expect. Always more difficult to hit a moving target ;)

We've discussed requiring each club hosting a national event (and making it available to every regional group as a benefit for their members) to host a series of Judging classes before they have their events. With a couple of these you can prepare both local owners and judges for the show, answer allot of questions and concerns before the show and reduce the number of "easy and inexpensive points) given away by the first timers.

Hopefully readers will get some value from the article and again thanks for the kind comments.

Northern Pony

Amy;
Regarding that Ferry for $15, is that walk on? or per car? Sounds awful cheap for a car, but maybe a short distance.
BoB

robert campbell

That is for a car one way. About an hour ride from Seattle to Bremerton.

Can't wait!!! Hope a bunch of you can make it! Amy and I talked yesterday about the party. Still shooting for early afternoon or late morning on Saturday 17 July. All day long eating and telling stories. Bring your appetite!

And then the big, huge, Sunday show.

Rob

Ruppstang

That is for a car one way. About an hour ride from Seattle to Bremerton.

Can't wait!!! Hope a bunch of you can make it! Amy and I talked yesterday about the party. Still shooting for early afternoon or late morning on Saturday 17 July. All day long eating and telling stories. Bring your appetite!

And then the big, huge, Sunday show.

Rob

That's too bad I will be judging all Saturday afternoon. I understand it is hard to find time on that busy weekend. Hopefuly I'll see you all on Sunday. Rob bring me a taste of that brisket that I have heard so much about. Marty

Mustanglvr

I have never been on a ferry. I lived in Washington for two years on the coast back in 1974 to 1976. :eek: I have lots of relatives in Washington.
My husband and I are seriously thinking of driving there to Seattle in July for this show. We would love to meet you all. :cheesy: :icon_ecst