• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 How much do you pay to Register your CS?

davidathans

I don't know if this topic has come up yet, but i was just curious...

I just got my piece of paper from the DMV to register my 68 CS for next year..

they are charging:
$56 (Registration Fee)
$4 (License Fee)
$30 (Specialty Plate Fee) mine is GTCS347
$10 (County/District Fees)

Grand Total of $100

This is for registering the car in California.

What does it cost to register your California Special?

aemoo28

I'll let you know when I do this for the '68 next week. Not looking forward to giving up any money right now.

The 2008 CS was $182.75 with vanity plate "aemoo28" and the wild life plate.

rvrtrash

Mine was $60.05---for 2 years. Idaho doesn't tend to be real fond of taxes and tries to do the bare minimum.

Steve

di81977

Colorado collector car plates - $133 for a 5 year tag.

calspecialchic

Do they have antique plates where you register once, then do not have to re-register or have inspected?

hotrodgrany

I pay $272 just on my 07 GT/CS a year, this doesn't include the rest of our vehichles and the Govoner here, is going to increase them this coming year.:mad:

Northern Pony

I got tired of paying $70 every year, so I opted for an antique plate at $70 for life. With the antique plate I have an original 1968 Alberta plate which I have registered with the antique plate and I drive with the 68 plate on the car, but must carry the antique plate in the vehicle. If an officer runs my 1968 plate both plates come up as registered.
BoB

J_Speegle

Also consider that the Govenator is trying to return back to the old additional car tax (placed on registration) we had at one point. This along with the higher sales tax and expanding the sales tax to include things like labor on car repair :( are what the lame ducks are working on - last I heard

So what ever your paying its cheaper than it likely will be next year - and the following ones :tongue:

franklinair

NC is OUTLANDISH!! My annual registration/tag = $28. We do have a personal property tax also. Annual pers. property = $56. The tax office just considers it another 'old car'. Oh well, I guess I'll survive anyway.:grin:

Neil

Mark Puls

OHIO Costs

OK, the first year I wasn't smart enough and paid $56 for just normal plates. The second year I opted for "classic car" plates ($28) which means no registration fees for the next 20+ years.

The guy at the Department of Motor Vehicles scared me the first year by saying you can only drive it to shows which is true for collector plates but I doubt anyone will pull you over and ask which car show you are going too. I expect once my car is finished and driveable I won't be driving it to anything but car shows. Besides in my area there is a drive in car show just about every day somewhere.

Mark

green56

in wisconsin it is a one shot deal the whole cost with life time plates are $185.00

Mustanglvr

Here in Minnesota I pay $39.50 to license it every year. If I wanted to go with collector plates it would be $25.00 for life.

Midnight Special

I thought you had Nine of them in your herd, unless you're counting the clones as well. :grin:

Stacey

Stacey, Five GT/CSs, one HCS, one GT/CS cloned from a '67, one '68 standard coupe, two '69 Machs and a '70 Mach... plus the 1945 LeFrance fire truck in the classics herd. It's a pretty big job keeping "everybody" healthy, but indeed a rewarding challenge. I read your other post re; your work w/ hybrids and the wave of the future. For me - it's time to get the most out of this "era" now and drive on :) 'cuz who knows what that future holds for our esteemed beauties.

BroadwayBlue

I pay $23 per year plus it has to pass a safety inspection - that's under $20 since there is no emission requirement.

NY is trying to pass legislation so that you pay to register a classic car one time and never have to pay again. I can scrape up the $23 annually though :cool:

Bob G

Here in California Governer " Terminator" wants to increase taxes at a time when the ecomony in Caliifornia is in the dumps" So expect you registerations for your classic and daily used vehicals to take another hit.

I would really like to move out of Califoria to Seattle no high taxes . California is just one fee after another what a rip off. And I grew up here!! No wonder companies are moving out of this state ( Over Regulation) I should now I ran a Auto shop for ten years and got taxed, insurance to the hilt with so many fees and regulations it make it impossible to service my clients and give them a good fair price for my work.

I not going to choose sides Democrate or Republican. All I can say is I hope releif comes soon!!!

Bob G