• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How much did you pay for your Special?

Mustanglvr

:)I paid $7800.00 for mine in Feb. 2004. It had a fresh 289 4V,4 speed with AC and all new interior still in the boxes in the trunk. It came with 2 steering wheels, the original saddle wheel and a black tiltaway with the woodgrain. Someone had changed the saddle interior over to black sometime in the 80`s but left the exterior with a new Highland green paintjob. When I got it, I guess the owner was in the process of changing the interior back to original. The 80`s paintjob still looks great from 10 feet away but up close you can see chips, a scratch and tiny spots of rust on the doors. I think I got my money`s worth. I have only had to put a new alternator and a few small things here and there. It drives and runs great. I love my car. My family thinks I`m obsessed with it and they say I talk way too much about it. But they also love riding in it and all the attention it gets. Its a win-win situation as I see it. ;D
Rhonda

nfrntau

I paid 5,000 for mine.
25,000 miles and all original parts still on the car (except scoops and hubcaps in trunk). Sat next to a barn/shop for 20 years and was home to an unkown number of rodents for obviously quite a while.
Status, still working on it and never have driven it......

CalPaul

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=774;start=30#msg4574 date=1077752451]
Recent purchase Feb 04 out of Seattle, WA. Paid $16,500. .........[/quote]
1968 Mustang Fastback GT
Mustang Fastback GT . Beautiful, Highland Green, S-Code, is very original with all numbers matching. - GT S-Code 390 - C6-Auto transmission - 3.50 equa-lock differential (posi) - courtesy light - sport deck rear seat - deluxe interior - A/C - power steering - power disc brakes - upper and lower consoles! Solid underbody. Original Interior (new carpet), Paint is beautiful. All electrical works, rebuilt engine w/6k on it. New brakes and tires. Marti Report, Build Sheet, and documentaion included. More pics at: www.kanterperformance.com
Price - $ 35,000

Hey Don: I'd say you got a pretty good deal on your GT/CS based on what some of these big block GTs are going for.

68gt390

CalPaul;
My feelings exactly. Even with what I've put into the car since purchase I figure I'm still ahead of the ball game. Granted, the fastback cars are pulling more money at the present time and even though I'm a Mustang fanatic, to me the fastbacks are a dime a dozen (Lots of them on the road). The GT Coupe's have a higher production but, step up to a GT Coupe with a big block and watch the production #'s drop. There are fewer big block GT Coupe's out there than the fastbacks. I know when I was a junior in high school, most of the folks at the drag strips were racing coupe's not fastbacks. They were quicker and lighter. My GT 390 Coupe was purchased for $10,000 four years ago. Everything has been gone through and either replaced or refurbished except for the paint (still factory Highland Green) and I'm only in it to to tune of $20,000. It's been appraised at $25,500. I know what people say about appraisal's but, to me it doesn't mean squat. Neither car is for sale. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, nothing else on the road looks as unique as a CS or a GT Coupe. Plus, both my cars turn heads were ever they go. Maybe that's why very shortly both car's will be out in diecast.

Don ;D

Attachments

• 68GT4.JPG
    68GT4.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 23

dbeal

paid $500..and have about $4500 in it so far...and still climbing ;D

DSO51

10,000+

Interesting story... I'm at a car show in Estes Park and a gent from KC offers me - straight up trade - his 2004 yellow, convertible GT with less than 2200 miles. I declined his offer stating that while I was flattered, I could go out today and buy his car... could he do the same? Point to the story - regardless of what I paid - it is invaluable to me.

Just my $.02

Craig

imported_tree

to tell the honest truth, i payed over 25 k for my car. maybe across the border things a cheaper but in canada these vehilce are worth their weight in gold if you have a cherry like mine. to find one up here your going to pay big bucks for something of quality.

Canuck CSter

Paided 5 k in 87 in SLC

Maybe put on 2-3 k in mileage since....on the S code 4 speed.

DR in Ottawa

[quote author=tree link=board=1;threadid=774;start=45#msg13855 date=1124941742]
to tell the honest truth, i payed over 25 k for my car. maybe across the border things a cheaper but in canada these vehilce are worth their weight in gold if you have a cherry like mine. to find one up here your going to pay big bucks for something of quality.
[/quote]

GT/CS S Code

$20,000.00 (Canadian) in 2007. Last summer we spent a bunch more on parts and labour to get it to the point it is at now. We still have a bit more left to finish up on it for next year ...
This was our wedding car ten years ago, plus I bought it from my best friend that just passed away last summer, so the price was not really a big part of the equation.
This car is full of fond memories and is therefore priceless to me.
:wink:
PS: We were at a local car wash last summer preparing for a show and shine event and had a "bucks up" gent fresh out of the oil fields walk over and offer us a huge amount of money for the car on the spot!
:eek:
It was obviously an impulse offer, but he was totally serious. I explained the history of the car to him and then turned him down flat. He was very understanding about it ...

carezcs

I paid $13,000 in 2005 and knew it had a bad trans. so figure $14,000. I've been offered $20,000 for it (in better times) which I refused. This is for my retirement!!
Bruce

JohnnyQuest515

This thread is FIVE YEARS OLD!

This thread is five years old! Some of those figures are cheap in today's market.
Paid more than 20K for mine in 2008

Randy

robert campbell

$3k in 1989. What a worn out car. Sitting outside on the street in Alki Beach in Seattle. Young kid was beating her to death. Tranny and brakes were crap. Had to replace both doors, left quarterpanel and wheel house. Right lower quarter and complete radiator suport and battery apron. One good thing was all orginal fiberglass except for the left side scoop. No rust in the frame and little in the floor pans.

She was a sad car..... Must have at least $25k in her now.... Ask my wife....

Rob

hookedtrout

I think I originally quoted $5600 when this thread started but the more I think about it I think it was $3600. It was nothing in the big scheme of things now. I remember when I traded a 1979 Ford 4X4 short box straight across for a 1953 Ford F100 short box pickup in 1982. People thought I was crazy, 3 year old 4X4 for an old Ford pickup, wish I still had the 53 it was a blast.

Cory

franklinair

$17,500 in 2007 for a done car. Prev owner restored it 1st class. I've added P/B & Shelby wheels. Don't think I'll ever sell it.

Neil

CougarCJ

$1500 in 2008. :grin:

Car was mostly complete, but in boxes. Some assembly required.

Missing the 302-4V with C4, radiator, driveshaft, fog lights, and a few pieces of trim.

Came with a disc brake conversion, used black interior, all the GT/CS specific parts except the fog lights, box of window seals, felts, and gaskets. Had a brand new rear valance with GT exhaust, and repop fiberglass rear panel. 1 NOS 1965 Thunderbird tail light bezel, and 2 NOS 1965 tail light lenses.

The shell is basically rust free, the only rust was in the driver side floor pan.

There should be a couple of 'in-progress' pictures in our book.

robert campbell

Cougar,
In progress puictures. YES THERE ARE!!! For us lucky, first on the delivery schedule of Cory's book!!!

Rob

hookedtrout

Cougar,
In progress puictures. YES THERE ARE!!! For us lucky, first on the delivery schedule of Cory's book!!!

Rob

How unselfish of the author not to keep the publishing a secret until he got his books first. Now he sits on his deck with his laptop reading all the wonderful comments in the posts and emails and dreaming of the day he'll get to see what others have already seen. ;-)

GTCS42

$4300 about eight years ago. It was straight, no rust, and in running condition, but with a bad paint job.