• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS vs Challenger vs Camaro

albegtcs

How do you folks think the 2007-09 GT/CS matches in performance against the new Challenger and Camaro ? What if any upgrades do you belive would be needed to match them in performance. :icon_ecst

GTCS07

The CS needs about another 100-150 horsepower to compete. It is lighter than either of the others but still a couple of mods and they will be gone. A blower is about all it takes to change things though.

Brett08

the mustang is still affordable!!! the other 2 ive heard are gonna be 35 to 40 k range for the v8s.. No affence to anyone here but i wouldnt take the 6cyl versions for free..mopar ford or cheby!!! I dont care if gas goes to 10.00 a gallon...:grin: We want performance!!!!

QuarterHorse

What Challenger and Camaro? I still have yet to see any around. Boy are they late to the game :grin: Based on that I'd have to go with the stang. :wink:

GTCS07

What Challenger and Camaro? I still have yet to see any around. Boy are they late to the game :grin: Based on that I'd have to go with the stang. :wink:

They were late the first time around too but they caught up quick. This time gas prices might kill them before they have a chance. I had a SRT-10 Viper truck and it only got 9mpg on the highway. It was fun burning it with 500 hp though!

QuarterHorse

They were late the first time around too but they caught up quick. This time gas prices might kill them before they have a chance. I had a SRT-10 Viper truck and it only got 9mpg on the highway. It was fun burning it with 500 hp though!

You are right, but it is taking them a much loger time to catch up this time.