• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mustang Wins at Philly Auto for Mustang vs Camaro Face-Off!!

68HCS289

This year was the first year for a Face-Off display at the Philadelphia Auto Show at the PA Convention Center. Ford reached out to regional clubs for help with the display and I was one of the few chosen to proudly display my 1968 HCS along side with a Shelby GT500 a Boss 429, etc to display the timeline for Ford Mustang. I attached some pictures of the display which was really well decorated. All Camaro had was banners of their Chevy emblem (which they got a day after they saw how well decorated our display was) and had ore new camaros displayed and hardly any old. The votes were close but Mustang won the Face-Off with its well deserved winning display by over 300 votes! The people in charge of the Auto Show said this was their most successful year yet and said they woyld like to see another Face-Off next year with Mustang, maybe against a Mopar? Should be interesting.

Best part was I could attend the show any day as I had my car on display and I had an exhibitor pass. I loved greeting people at the display and so many had questions about my car. One guy parked by me said he got more questions on my car then his own or the Shelby or Boss, haha. Many never even knew California Specials existed in 1968 and many who did had no clue about the very special 1968 High Country Special. I had such a great time being a part of this memorable event. This event was much needed as usually my car is hibernating in winter and I just love talking to fellow car enthusiasts:smile:

Forgot to mention, also got to meet one of my heros, Parnelli Jones!!

Attachments

• AutoShow19.jpg
    AutoShow19.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 59
  • AutoShow14.jpg
    AutoShow14.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
  • AutoShow17.jpg
    AutoShow17.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 55
  • AutoShow16.jpg
    AutoShow16.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 55
  • AutoShow18.jpg
    AutoShow18.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 58
  • AutoShow8.jpg
    AutoShow8.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 63
  • AutoShow13.jpg
    AutoShow13.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 55
  • AutoShow12.jpg
    AutoShow12.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
68HCS289

68HCS289

Attached more pics, one is from when the Media came out before the show opened and John Clor was speaking to the press. He is such a nice guy and possibly more of a Mustang enthusiaist than me:wink:

Attachments

• AutoShow20.jpg
    AutoShow20.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 57
  • AutoShow22.jpg
    AutoShow22.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 47
  • AutoShow23.jpg
    AutoShow23.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 44
  • AutoShow24.jpg
    AutoShow24.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 50
  • AutoShow25.jpg
    AutoShow25.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 45
  • AutoShow26.jpg
    AutoShow26.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 47
  • AutoShow21.jpg
    AutoShow21.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 50

Mustanger

That's awesome!!! You did a great job in helping represent the Cal Special and HCS Mustang :thumb: ... This is the year that we should all try to promote the GTCS - it's the 45th anniversary :wink: ...

OP
OP
68HCS289

68HCS289

Still working out the details for Carlisle, I will be there just a matter of which car. I would like to take the '68 since I have done so much work to it since I bought it.