• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rental Cars Taurus & Camaro

Mosesatm

This week I rented two cars while on my secret adventures (those of you who know me know that I am not loyal to Ford in any way so please remember that when you read what's below).

The first was a 2013 (I think) Ford Taurus Limited and it was simply the best rental car I've ever driven, period, end of story, turn out the lights. The seats were perfect, it rode well, and had good power. The only things I didn't like were the electronic turn signals (I despise electronic turn signals), and the accident-inducing touchscreen controls for a lot of the functions.

Then came the Camaro, which was easily the most ridiculous car I've ever rented.

The only good thing about it was that it didn't have electronic turn signals! The seats were horrible, it rode like a truck, and to keep from hitting my head on the ceiling I had to adjust the seat so low I was nearly eye level with the dash and window ledges.

Changing lanes is a hope-for-the-best process because there are huge blind spots, plus the trunk was a joke, and the climate system didn't seem to be up to the task, etc, etc. For a large pony car I think the Challenger is a much better choice.

Ford must sell a lot of Mustangs because they don't show up on National's Emerald Isle. I'll keep looking.

rvrtrash

I heard that Chevy was going to be putting Nissan 3.5L engines in the Camaro next year.
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Steve

gt/csj4

I agree the new crapmaros are just horrible. My aunt has a 2010 silly sport and that car is an utter joke. Cannot see out of the windows to check blind spots, thier side mirrors have to just be cosmetic cause they are about as useless as a knife to a gun fight, the shifter is sloppy, the entire car feels heavy, feels under powered(426 hp my ass), and is a piss poor attempt at a retro design.
However the new five liter mustang is a phenomenal car. Gobs of power, light on it's toes, awesome design, decent interior, and isn't a Chevy. Rant complete