• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 Dodge Challenger

rvrtrash

I don't think it will. I looked at the link and the styling just doesn't do anything for me. I think it'll be a hit with the Mopar crowd that wouldn't have bought a Mustang anyway, but I can't see it stealing many sales-especially with the new Shelby and possibly new CS hitting the showroom floors at the same time. Of course, I may be biased since it has the wrong emblem on it. Look how many people bought pet rocks!:icon_lol:
Steve

nfrntau

I won't be running out to buy one, I don't like the front grill. lol.
I agree it won't sway a true die hard Ford guy but the guys in between. Yea, some will go that route.
I think it does something else. It starts a modern muscle car war with non rice burner cars. This is just the start. I was 8 when my GT/CS was built. To young to really appreciate the muscle car wars. Not so this time around.

Merry Christmas All

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It's just like 1965. Ford introduces a hit and everyone else scrambles to catch up.

hookedtrout

Mosesatm said:
It's just like 1965. Ford introduces a hit and everyone else scrambles to catch up.

I'll agree with that!

I think it will take some sales from the Mustang as there are a lot of die hard Muscle Car types that have been very disappointed in GM and Dodge for their lack of response to a real retro car, i.e. Charger 4 Door and GTO/Grand Am. I read an article or saw a TV program somewhere awhile back on a guy/gal who was a die hard Bowtie fan and bought a new Mustang because GM didn't have anything on the market in the retro appeal, loved the car and considered himself a blue oval convert. So there are the few on the edge that will fall back to loyalty.

The neat part is seeing how much smarter Dodge is than GM, or is humble a better word, at least Dodge is willing to admit by their actions the importance of getting the retro look on the body. I'll bet GM continues to make their retro cars cloned out of Grand Am's and the like, they have such a cocky approach that they don't realize the error of their ways.

Cory

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

And many financial experts think GM's automotive division will file for bankruptcy in 2006 or early 2007.

joedls

I am relatively new to this whole Mustang hobby. I am definitely in the Mustang camp. However, if I were looking to purchase a new car. And, if I already had a new Mustang, I would be tempted to buy this car. I really like the lines and styling of the car.

OK, now, go ahead and take your shots. I can take it.:scared: :scared:

390cs68rcode

i am not a big fan of the modern Chrysler cars. I do think they are being innovative with their designs but for the most part modern cars don't interest me much (unless they have 12 cylinders and a 3 pointed star on the front. the reason these interest me is mainly the engine).

68gt390

joedls said:
I am relatively new to this whole Mustang hobby. I am definitely in the Mustang camp. However, if I were looking to purchase a new car. And, if I already had a new Mustang, I would be tempted to buy this car. I really like the lines and styling of the car.

OK, now, go ahead and take your shots. I can take it.:scared: :scared:

I'm right there with ya. For those of us from the late 60's/early 70's this body style looks a little like the challengers of the early 70's body style that ran Trans-AM. I to kinda like it. Welp; guess we'll both burn in hell for this one......:nonono2:

U

Unregistered

i know that most people dont like the retro look but they realy got the challenger right i own a 1970 challenger t/a and i like the 2007 challenger r/t the lines are a lot like the orignal

gt bandit

I think it looks cool and if I hadn't had the blue oval Injection when i was 17 then i would be a Mopar fan for sure.

Chevy is just plain Ordinary -------- common folk !:icon_lol:

case12

My first car was a 66 mustang straight 6 cylinder. Then I got a 72 Dodge Charger v8 that I polished and hot rodded around in for the latter part of high school and through college (I was the odd ball mopar fan in my school - everyone else had mustangs and 55 chevy's). I once did 138 mph in the Charger - those were the days!

After college I had a 84 Dodge Shelby Charger and then an 86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo (that was a fast little car for a 4 banger) - then there was the string of "family" vehicles (vans, station wagons).

It took me till 2002 to come back to FORD. Now I have 5 of them - 3 of them Mustangs.

The one thing intriguing me about Mopar is the horsepower they are putting in their cars, even compared to Mustang - however, their styling could still use some help (except for the Viper, which has always looked good to me). Casey

Mustanglvr

So is it safe to assume with the Dodge Charger and the new Dodge Challenger that they are rear wheel drive?

64Goat

Mosesatm said:

Excuse me, but didn't Pontiac introduce the GTO in '64 ? So where does Ford get the credit in '65 for the Pony ? Come on you guys.

64Goat

64Goat

Sorry for the double post fellas, but I didn't see an edit button for my last post.

If one looks at the new era of muscle, Ford didn't redesign the Mustang until after Dodge brought back the muscle market with the SRT10. The Mustang was well on it's way out and Ford new it and they had to do something.

64Goat

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It must be fun to live in your little world of make believe.

The GTO was a full size car while the original Mustang was a much smaller car. Gee, I wonder if that is where the term "Pony Car" came from?

Same with the SRT10, comparing apples and oranges.

390cs68rcode

I agree, the GTO was from what many people say the first Muscle Car. The Mustang was the first Pony Car. 2 different things.