• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

Powell

"next time"

What a sweet treat to read the accounts of everyone who got together... and to peruse the picture diaries posted. LOL on the Fed Ex delivery, and love your Reno Air Race pics, too, Tim and Renee.

I live near my baby brudder, Tim, but unfortunately, my schedule didn't mesh... had a weekend-long Bull Riding Finals to photograph and videotape that weekend a hundred miles away. Sure would have been a blast to record THIS event, too, for youtube posterity.... hopefully next time.

Makes me reminiscent of the ride my husband Tommy and I got to take with Tim, Frances, TJ, Katie, Renee, Scott, Nate, our brother Sean, Robert, and many other family members, including our dearly departed sis-in-law, Cathy (Sean's wife), a couple years ago...

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/camerahorse#p/u/6/pG6g6tQHB4A

Well done, everyone! So happy for and proud of, you for making this happen.

xo

What an awsome video, We can't wait for the next family get to gether to have you there and produce this kind of video.

Karen and Ralph

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Ditto, wish to crap we could have met you as well. Next time.

Cory, it sounds to me like Sharon was "wishin' to crap" she could be here instead of filming bull rides! ;-)

Sis, thank you for the kind words and posting last year's video! I tried to tell ya how much fun it would be....But all you could say was "Bull"!

;-)

HorsePal

Torn between two families...

...I love my bull ridin' kids, too. They are brave little warriors in their own way... and provide some dramatic images that make me wonder how the heck they do it... and survive.

bull2.jpg

bull3.jpg

kyle.jpg

bull.jpg

-----------------------

I love it that Tim is as horse crazy as I am... guess it comes down to gas guzzlin' or grass guzzlin' ponies, LOL...

Here's one of my mustangs... she's a muscle car with a lot o'heart in that chassis.

sydneymare.jpg

Be fun at the next get together to do one of those "commercials" where I can gallop her alongside the highway when you all drive by. There's a nice wide stretch of road here in Penn Valley (near Grass Valley) where the shoulder is big and grassy. Pick a nice quiet morning or something. In fact, it'd be fun to get a bunch of riders to join me.

Just daydreaming... but I'd love to do it.

Oh and someone has to fly over in an airplane, too, LOL

xoxo... see you all next time... can't wait.

P.S. Cory, I hope that was only your first book on GT/CS.... why stop? Now that you've introduced everyone and told their stories, you can do one on how these cars and owners are good for society. I can think of several examples.

HorsePal

P.s.

Thanks for your kind comments on the little video. One of my most favorite things to do is try and capture memories for people using their mutual interests to make good times happen.

hookedtrout

...I love my bull ridin' kids, too. They are brave little warriors in their own way... and provide some dramatic images that make me wonder how the heck they do it... and survive.

bull2.jpg

bull3.jpg

kyle.jpg

bull.jpg

-----------------------

I love it that Tim is as horse crazy as I am... guess it comes down to gas guzzlin' or grass guzzlin' ponies, LOL...

Here's one of my mustangs... she's a muscle car with a lot o'heart in that chassis.

sydneymare.jpg

Be fun at the next get together to do one of those "commercials" where I can gallop her alongside the highway when you all drive by. There's a nice wide stretch of road here in Penn Valley (near Grass Valley) where the shoulder is big and grassy. Pick a nice quiet morning or something. In fact, it'd be fun to get a bunch of riders to join me.

Just daydreaming... but I'd love to do it.

Oh and someone has to fly over in an airplane, too, LOL

xoxo... see you all next time... can't wait.

P.S. Cory, I hope that was only your first book on GT/CS.... why stop? Now that you've introduced everyone and told their stories, you can do one on how these cars and owners are good for society. I can think of several examples.

Thanks for your support, I would entertain another book in the future, we certainly missed a lot of folks in the first book and we could do a second book pulling all those that now have an interest as well as maybe a book around your ideas. The big thing right now on my plate is getting about 17 years of personal journals into book format, that's how this all began, I have my life in print and photo in books from 1963 through about 1992 and from that point on I have daily journals (hand written through 02) that need typed in and pulled together into books. Once I get that all caught up I'd be more than willing to do what ever this wonderful group would like me to do.

There I'm committed. ;-)

P.S. great pictures, we live in rural rodeo country here in Idaho, never had *^^% enough to get on a bull myself but have plenty of friends that did.

Cory

HorsePal

Very inspiring...

Good for you, Cory... your family will really appreciate that and you will have much peace to get it done. Up at Tim's "big house," there are boxes upon boxes of pictures and newspaper write ups and our Mom was working on putting it all into albums, when her life was cut short (thanks to a bad prescription drug) and I've always wanted to pick up where she left off, but as you know, it's so time-consuming and life has many interruptions.

But when the focus is there, and you can finally tell the world to go away for a bit and hope you don't miss it too much... immersing into a book-making project is FUN! I've used blurb a few times and have experimented with some projects on there, too. We are very fortunate to have the technology we have, at our fingertips. I used to do newspaper typesetting back in the 1980's and what a difference!

Yep, you've done and committed yourself to #2 in a series, hehe. Right here where everyone can see it.

robert campbell

HUGE WOW! This is the coolest video I have seen since watching "Bullit"!!! Bullit is the reason I drive a Mustang today! The sound track and the people are where it is at! I wish I could have been there. I saw Cathy, my driver, earlier this month at Tim's! Renee' you are the bomb! Golden Girl and your feet to the floor! "Fast Lane Foster" is at it again! TJ and Katie are two kids to be proud of. Francis and Tim are parents of the year!

Tim, can we do this again next month??? Can we talk adoption again?

Rob

Doug

Great video and looks like everyone had some fun and course outstanding cars; hope to attend one of these events someday. Doug

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

HUGE WOW! This is the coolest video I have seen since watching "Bullit"!!! Bullit is the reason I drive a Mustang today! The sound track and the people are where it is at! I wish I could have been there. I saw Cathy, my driver, earlier this month at Tim's! Renee' you are the bomb! Golden Girl and your feet to the floor! "Fast Lane Foster" is at it again! TJ and Katie are two kids to be proud of. Francis and Tim are parents of the year!

Tim, can we do this again next month??? Can we talk adoption again?

Rob

Thanks again for being a huge part of the family fun Rob! We've been busy cocooning cars today as a big rain is on the way. We talked a lot (still in complete amazement) of two weeks ago and the great time we all had with Cory's book and everyone here!! What a family indeed!

Carol Kinyon was your driver in the '70 that day. Cathy was my sister-in-law and a long-time Mustang driver along with my brother Sean. Cathy passed away suddenly just three days before our big air show last July....a real tragedy and shock to all who knew her!

In the middle of everything and on short notice - we gathered the whole family together and said "good bye" with Sharon again doing the honors with her camera (click below). I want to share this with you because of our predominant feeling that you just never know when someone close to you may be so no more. With family and close friendship comes risk... and responsibility to be the best you can be. Too often , we're reminded of just how little we know...

http://www.youtube.com/camerahorse#p/u/14/mCeLv5nYVx4

robert campbell

Tim,
I love you like a brother. That was one of the greatest tributes I have ever seen. I wish I could have met Cathy. To spend time with you and your family, it would be great to meet Sean someday. You, and your family, are grounded in love.

I never leave anything unsaid between those that I love. This minute may be the last minute with them.

Thank you for sharing.

Rob

Doug

Tim – thanks for sharing this. I am sure that most if not all of us have lost a loved one. As I viewed this video I could help but remember when I suddenly lost my younger brother over 13 years ago; while I was watching the tears could not be stopped. You know the past cannot be changed, but you can certainly enjoy the present and be thankful for the family and friends that you have with you today. Thanks again for reminding me.

Now even though its dark and cold outside I’ll have to take the Mustang out for a ride with my son, the wife is out of town.

rvrtrash

Thanks Tim. Watching this made me go watch the memorial to my youngest sister again.

Steve

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...My son TJ just loaned me the chip from his camera w/ pics he & Rob took. Some nice ones of Neil and TJ tooling around in the Powell's immaculate '08 :)

Attachments

• tj6.jpg
    tj6.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 25
  • tj7.jpg
    tj7.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 20
  • tj8.jpg
    tj8.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 27
  • tj9.jpg
    tj9.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 23
  • tj10.jpg
    tj10.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 27

HorsePal

Wow, fun pics of TJ... bet he wore that smile for a long time. I still remember how excited he was way back in 1996 when Tommy and I rented a red mustang after flying in to California (back when we lived in Oregon).... TJ talked about that car during our entire visit, lol.

Speaking of memorial videos... I have one on my other account about a brother Tim and I lost back in 1970. His name is Michael. And I knew if Mike were with us now, he'd be on the internet so I created a video with old family pictures so that he could be online.

I wonder if anyone will be able to pick out youngster Timmy in these? I'm the only girl and Tim is younger than me so he'll be smaller and has dark hair like he does now, if that helps... he was a cute skinny lil brother, hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsewBBvGfE0

Edited to add... the part where the song wonders what would you name your babies, Mike had his arm around Timmy. I still can't watch it without getting all watery in the eyes.

Diesel Donna

Oooooh Sharon. My eyes got all watery too. I lost a brother in 1984...on December 19th...

What an endearing tribute to Mike. I wish I knew how to make those kind of videos.

PonyGal

sharon,

Those videos are wonderful!! You do such an amazing job on them!!! Can I visit you sometime to see your horse???? I had a mare that looked a lot like this when I was younger. Coco was her name and I miss her a lot! She was hit by a car and we had to put her to sleep. I cried for days!

sydneymare.jpg

HorsePal

Donna, Mike's birthday was December 19... and so is our brother, Sean's.

Heartfelt condolences to you. It's something we never get over, isn't it. I feel gratitude each time the sun rises and we're all still here.

PonyGal, you can visit the ponies any time. Sydney, Seannie and Sis would love the attention. We could take some fun pictures, too. So sad about your Coco... that had to be traumatizing.

xxoo to you both, Donna and PonyGal.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Another wonderful day following a phone call from Renee!

We had known about our "brother" Steve ("rvrtrash") vacationing in California with his wife, Debbie and grand daughter, Vanessa, but were never certain about if, where & when they would be in our area... I have been rather busy with post-airshow stuff and have not been in touch lately, but the good news today was a welcome reminder of our "California Special Way of Life" and the important friendships that go with our unique Mustangs!

With Steve on his way from Yosemite to Reno, we thought our favorite eatery in Colfax would be the place to re-connect. Upon word he was following Renee up after visiting her home in Loomis, I departed "(S) Code-Three" - for an all too short, but awesome time with another of our incredible members!

Following a fantastic lunch at TJ's Cafe, we met downtown and laid a plan for Steve to get a little CS fix with a few miles of frontage road. He was way more conservative than had I hoped, but got some pretty good "scratch" between gears along the way ;-)

All in all, an wonderful surprise and a fabulous day!

Attachments

• HPIM1537 1.jpg
    HPIM1537 1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 47
  • HPIM1534.jpg
    HPIM1534.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 47
  • HPIM1532.jpg
    HPIM1532.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IM003147.jpg
    IM003147.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM1530.jpg
    HPIM1530.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM1529.jpg
    HPIM1529.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 52
  • HPIM1522.jpg
    HPIM1522.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM1544.jpg
    HPIM1544.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 48
  • HPIM1548.jpg
    HPIM1548.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 50

HorsePal

Nice pictures....

Happy for you all on such a beautiful day, too.

Renee... love your shoes!!