• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New family project

J_Speegle

Making great progress there Marty

Got to ask :) was there that much body color in the front wheel wells (between the shock tower and firewall areas) when you took the car apart?

We see it every so often (though it all gets covered with black paint anyway) but not the norm - mush have been the fill in or new guy

Keep if up the fun is coming

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

There was not quite that much. Yep all black now.Here are a couple more.
Marty

Attachments

• Photo Jul 09, 4 03 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 09, 4 03 35 PM.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo Jul 10, 11 14 22 AM.jpg
    Photo Jul 10, 11 14 22 AM.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

I brought it home Monday and dad is thrilled. We can't wait to start assembly.
I have been unsure about the stripe color since it was repainted. I thought since it had a black interior it may have had a black stripes. I was looking at the old deck lid and discovered where the strip wrapped around inside there was a stripe that was painted over. I scraped off the paint and discovered a white stripe. It is good to know for sure.
Marty

Attachments

• Photo Jul 30, 3 33 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 30, 3 33 56 PM.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Photo Jul 30, 3 34 31 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 30, 3 34 31 PM.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 37

Mosesatm

I've seen both and each looks great, but IMO white stripes = classy
black stripes = tough.