• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS die cast model announcement

68gt390

Doug & Casey;
They did the same thing with the GT. See below photo.

Don :grin:

Attachments

• mustangGT_02.JPG
    mustangGT_02.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 40

68sunlitgold

Don,
maybe I can ask them to do mine "without the paint" to keep that great color. :wink:

I was wondering what it would take to "re-paint" a model a different color?

Doug

Also like the GT version as well

P

PNewitt

It wouldn't take much to unscrew the chassis off the bottom, remove the interior and glass, and then paint the car any color you want.

Doing this would require making some new decals--in white, black, red and blue. And of course, the interior would need to be painted.

Since I'm also a modelmaker, I can show how to do this. Hmmm....OK, I'll put it into the book (now approaching 200 pages!).

Paul Newitt.

68gt390

You guys are killin me. :rofl:

Of course everyone knows I'm very happy with the color's offered!!!!! :grin:

Don

hicountrybob

68gt390 said:
For those that haven't checked the Greenlight website lately these are the latest shot's of the CS Diecast.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/68mustangcs.html

Can't wait to see the actual model with all it's color on her.

Don:wink:
Sure hope these cars have duel quad tailpipe tips (and the ROLLED TIPS also would be a plus) because the model shows the GT rear valance, I believe. HC Bob here.

68gt390

Bob;
The car does have the GT valance and it will have the quad tips. That's one of the items I noted to them that needed to be changed. I used custom made tips on my two cars and when they took the pictures they duplicated them.

Don

njmop

I want one!

I want one of these when they are ready...

Is there a group buy or should I preorder? I am still not clear...

68gt390

Paul;
You are correct. Jon is working with Greenlight to get all the details worked out. Once that is done he will be posting it here on the site. Stay tuned for more information. I've been working with Greenlight on the paint colors the last week or so to ensure they get them correct along with the interior colors.
I've sent them so much stuff on different color combinations for the interiors it's not funny. Hopefully they will have a final determination shortly.

Don

68gt390

68MustangHCS said:
I see a problem with the promo maroon car, not sure if anyone else has seen it. The hubcaps appear to be GT hubcaps. Realistically, the majority of the cars did not have GT hubcaps...so can this be fixed?

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=viewprod&catid=5&scaleid=1&prodid=82

Steve;
You are correct that the majority of the cars did not have the GT center caps but, the model is correct since it is being produced after my car which is a GT optioned car. When Greenlight started the CS diecast project, they wanted a GT optioned Big Block CS.

Don