• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS die cast model announcement

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

390cs68rcode said:
I thought we were doing a group purchase thing direct from the manufacturer.

... yeah, I thought a previous thread talked about that. Is the group purchase price going to be lower than the price on the above link?

68gt390

This is the thread I posted back awhile in regards to the group purchase.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/t2594-special-purchase-of-gtcs-diecast-model.html

Diecast Alley has listed the GT Coupe but, has not yet listed the GT/CS. If you wish to purchase from another site that is taking pre-orders you are more than welcome to do so but, it will be at their price.

I will contact Greenlight again and find out how and when we can expect to have a purchase set-up through diecast alley. Bare with me, I am having computer problems at home and am trying to get them resolved as we speak. If problems persist with my home setup, I will make post from work.

Don

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, there will be a special group buy price if you order through the site. So if you haven't ordered already please wait until we've worked out the details.

Don, the marketing guys from Greenlight just contacted me directly with pricing info. I don't know how it differs (if at all) from what you've worked out with DiecastAlley. I'll email you tonight with the details they gave me.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, Don and I are on the same page now.

I'll post pricing info in a day or two. The discount is a sliding scale depending on quantity (ie. the more ordered through the site the better pricing everyone gets) So it's to everyone's advantage to wait a few days and order through the site.

I don't believe you'll get yours any sooner by pre-ordering through another source, but I'll confirm with the manufacturer.

PFSlim

Jon

How do you want to do it? When do you want a committment from us about how many we want to order? I am happy to provide sooner than later. I think it is a great idea to have the site involved. Look forward to your next post.

Paul

68gt390

Once Jon gets all the information from Greenlight and the order form set-up he will be posting it here on the site. We have been guaranteed first crack at ordering the models before anyone else as well as number and color's we want.
So please be patient. And as Jon said in his post above, it is to our advantage to order through the site. The more we order, the more we save. We will have plenty of time to get our orders in.

Don

quicknick

I apologize if I missed this info in a past post, but what scale will the Greenlight cars be available in? My collection consists of 1:18 scale. Will that size be offered? N

68gt390

quicknick said:
I apologize if I missed this info in a past post, but what scale will the Greenlight cars be available in? My collection consists of 1:18 scale. Will that size be offered? N

They will be 1/18th scale. Should fit in very nicely with your collection.

Don :grin:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'll talk to them about deadlines and post back. The *estimated* release date is July, so we do have a while to get the orders in.

Part of the deal to get the discount is that I'll be collecting all the payment info (including credit cards) and forwarding it to Greenlight (the manufacturer) all at one time. It helps keep their coordination time to a minimum. I'll need to think a little bit about how to receive credit card info in a secure way.

This site isn't set up to do ecommerce so the SSL encryption isn't there. Personally it doesn't bother me to send my credit card info over email, but for some that may be a concern. Maybe those people simply call me and give it to me over the phone? Again, I won't be doing anything but collecting the info to pass along to the manufacturer. If anyone has any thoughts please PM or email me.

390cs68rcode

can I post my credit card info to this thread?

:wink: :icon_ecst :icon_evil

I have no problem sending my cc info by email.

68gt390

390cs68rcode said:

I have no problem sending my cc info by email.

Jason;
Does that mean we (site members) can use your card to order all the copies we need? :grin: Now that's what I call true dedication. :thumb:

Don

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
Jason;
Does that mean we (site members) can use your card to order all the copies we need? :grin: Now that's what I call true dedication. :thumb:

Don

I'm always here to take one for the team. :tongue:

p51

390cs68rcode said:

Please dont forget to include the 3-digit number on the back of the card :wink:

68sunlitgold

Jon,
just give us the word so we know when to start sending/calling you on the pre-orders.

Doug

68sunlitgold

Even though it is not the final produce...you got to love the color of the prototype. :grin:

Doug

Attachments

• 68mustang_cs_firstshot2.jpeg
    68mustang_cs_firstshot2.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 49