• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

coberly ford paint

bindiman99

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered coberly ford painted on their radiator support or a number painted on their passenger shock tower mine has both and it is 36. I was wondering if these numbers refered to the consequtive number sold or ??? Anyways if anyone has any further info please tell. And I am also looking to buy any nos or used fiberglass parts for my car. Thanks for your time

WOW.

That's interesting....I've never heard of that!!

Can you e-mail me a picture(s) of this?

Coberly Ford was one of the biggest Los Angeles Ford dealers that sold tons of GT/CS cars. I have one of their ads in my first book, page 20.

Interesting....but not unusual.

Paul.

mattandrews

Bindiman,
I have a 69 tbird with coberly ford on radiator
Support and get this the number 37 is on it!!
Very strange !!!
I have picture of this if you want to compare!
Andy

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Andy,

If you could post photos that would be great. This is a pretty old thread and I don't think bindiman99 still visits the forums, but I'm sure others here would be interested.

And welcome to the site!

CougarCJ

Was Coberly Ford, stenciled or hand painted?

Wonder if was a rental car thing? or temporary loaner car for the shop?

robert campbell

;3423 said:
WOW.

That's interesting....I've never heard of that!!

Can you e-mail me a picture(s) of this?

Coberly Ford was one of the biggest Los Angeles Ford dealers that sold tons of GT/CS cars. I have one of their ads in my first book, page 20.

Interesting....but not unusual.

Paul.

Not sure what this poster meant. I have been around a lot of Fords in my life and have never seen what is described above. I find it very unusual. I would like to know more about how this happened and why.

Rob

stangfan

Not sure what this poster meant. I have been around a lot of Fords in my life and have never seen what is described above. I find it very unusual. I would like to know more about how this happened and why.

Rob

Hey Rob. I believe that poster is Paul Newitt, author of the GT/CS books. He doesn't sign onto this site anymore, to my knowledge, so we'll probably not get anymore information on this.