• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Change of Color for GT/CS Diecast

BroadwayBlue

Don,
Have you seen any of the painted versions in person.

The pictures make the paint look very "metallic" ... like it has a lot of "flake" in it.

Curious to know if the cars will actually look like that or if it's the pictures making it look that way.

Thanks!
Rich

admin

Staff member
Administrator
BroadwayBlue said:
The pictures make the paint look very "metallic" ... like it has a lot of "flake" in it.

Curious to know if the cars will actually look like that or if it's the pictures making it look that way.
I was thinking the exact same thing. If the blue is that heavy w/ metallic I'll probably get the white version.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

BroadwayBlue said:
Don,
Have you seen any of the painted versions in person.

Thanks!
Rich

Rich;
The sample they sent me of the Royal Maroon has no metallic flake in it at all. Since they've done away with the Royal Maroon and since I've not seen the Blue version don't really know. I would assume it's the lighting on the picture that may be effecting it.

Don

Sarge

Wow. That is too bad Don. Like others have replied, maybe we can get in a group purchase, and push the Royal Maroon up? I would be willing to buy one just to get it out there? I love the contrast of the color and the stripe!

Robert

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Sarge said:
Wow. That is too bad Don. Like others have replied, maybe we can get in a group purchase, and push the Royal Maroon up? I would be willing to buy one just to get it out there? I love the contrast of the color and the stripe!

Robert

Robert;
At this point I'm rather disenchanted with Greenlight. I've bent over backwards to try and get this thing off the ground. Furnished them with both my cars, sent countless emails and photo's even sent them listings that both myself and Paul noticed were problems with the model. Seems that now that they have what they want it's time to do it their way. They've been draging their feet. The Group buy still hasn't been completed. At first they made mention it was to ensure accuracy of the model but, after seeing the current photo's and seeing the problems I wonder. There's still problems. Go figure.
Either way I'm at least glad their still going to offer the model.

Don :rolleyes:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

I received a reply from Greenlight this past weekend with photo's in regards to the script and tires on the CS diecast model. Script is correct and the diecast model will be offered with both raised white letters and white sidewall tires. Just waiting for correction of air cleaner lid and we should be set to go.

It still amazes me that their vendors are saying there is no interest in the Royal Maroon model. Seems every show I attend people are crazy over the color of my car. Go figure.

Don

BroadwayBlue

I agree Don!

When it comes time to repaint my car it's one of my top 3 choices

Acapulco Blue (which it is now)
Royal Maroon
Lime Gold (Original) - sorry Arlie I didn't do it, it was the guy before me!