• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Change of Color for GT/CS Diecast

68gt390

I was informed today by Greenlight that the Royal Maroon GT/CS diecast will not be offered due to no interest in pre-orders. Color will be changed to Wimbledon White with black stripe. The Acapulco Blue GT/CS will still be offered. What a bummer. Thought I'd keep everyone informed of what's going on with the diecast model.

Don - :cry:

Mustanger

That's too bad, especially since they modeled it based on your car, which is maroon!! I would have ordered one ... you know, we (website members) haven't expressed to Greenlight as a group what we want, should we start organizing a purchase, Don?

joedls

That really sucks, Don. But I gotta say, I'm not unhappy about the Wimbledon White choice.

Last edited:

GTCSMustang

Don,

What sort of pre-order numbers are they looking for to justify the color? Maybe we could come up with enough through this website. If they'd get off their ass and make a few, maybe they'd sell them.

Scott

dotbomb

I think we all need one of every color! Oh and excuse my noobish tendencies for asking... is it too late to get in on the group buy?

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
Don,

What sort of pre-order numbers are they looking for to justify the color? Maybe we could come up with enough through this website. If they'd get off their ass and make a few, maybe they'd sell them.

Scott

I would buy at least one in Maroon.

P

PNewitt

No Maroon?

That sure tweaks MY day!

hmmm...well, it looks like I'll have to show how to take one apart and paint it to whatever color you want. Then, I'll also have to make up some stripe stickers in all four colors, too.

Well, I STILL love maroon! It's good enough for a book cover!

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

PNewitt said:
No Maroon?

That sure tweaks MY day!

hmmm...well, it looks like I'll have to show how to take one apart and paint it to whatever color you want. Then, I'll also have to make up some stripe stickers in all four colors, too.

Well, I STILL love maroon! It's good enough for a book cover!

Paul N.

Absolutely Paul!

Mosesatm

There is a guy on eBay that sells scale model GT/CS stripes. I'll try to find the information.

p51

Bummer. Given that my GT/CS is red I would have liked a Maroon one as well...

gtcs1

You can see progress made on the Acapulco Blue model at the following web site. They quote a date of november for availability.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/68mustangcs.html

68gt390 said:
I was informed today by Greenlight that the Royal Maroon GT/CS diecast will not be offered due to no interest in pre-orders. Color will be changed to Wimbledon White with black stripe. The Acapulco Blue GT/CS will still be offered. What a bummer. Thought I'd keep everyone informed of what's going on with the diecast model.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

I kinda wonder what's up with the "white wall" tires. I think the cars look much better with "white letter's" myself. What do I know, I just own the car. At least they are giving me the first proto-type which just happens to be "Royal Maroon". That's cool, it will be the only one made so down the road it will be worth a few more pennies. I'm just happy they are still making the model regardless of how long it's taken.

As for those concerned about the group buy that hasn't been done yet. They still don't have all the information put together yet for Jon to post here on the site. I thought it rather strange about the fact no one from their company even bothered to ask us what we thought would be good color's. Go figure. Corporate America at work again.

Don

hookedtrout

gtcs1 said:
You can see progress made on the Acapulco Blue model at the following web site. They quote a date of november for availability.

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/68mustangcs.html

What a beautiful Acapulco blue car, bummer on the Maroon. If you look close on the hood up full car shot it appears that the California Special script is placed on incorrect as has been discussed, I know we have several here including mine that are wrong. Don's, the base car is also wrong if I remember correct but I thought he had made it clear to them that it was wrong? Guess it will be a perfect match to mine.

Cory

Mustanglvr

68gt390 said:
I kinda wonder what's up with the "white wall" tires. I think the cars look much better with "white letter's" myself. What do I know, I just own the car.

Don

My car came originally with "white wall" tires as per the Marti report.
Are you are wondering why they have them on the model that is supposed to be exact to your car? Cuz I could see why you would be wondering about that. The "white letter" tires do look cool, but the "white walls" look vintage.

P

PNewitt

Mosesatm said:
There is a guy on eBay that sells scale model GT/CS stripes. I'll try to find the information.

Those are most likely 1/24th scale. This version is 1:18th--which is larger.

I have the artwork already--it wouldn't be difficult for me to make them.

Paul N.

rvrtrash

68gt390 said:
Color will be changed to Wimbledon White with black stripe.

All I need to do is get a set of red stripes from Paul N. and I'll be set!

Steve (on my second day of trying to get caught up with a month's worth of posts.)

p51

68gt390 said:
I kinda wonder what's up with the "white wall" tires. I think the cars look much better with "white letter's" myself.
I agree. White letters are better looking. More sports car like IMHO...

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

hookedtrout said:
If you look close on the hood up full car shot it appears that the California Special script is placed on incorrect as has been discussed, I know we have several here including mine that are wrong. Don's, the base car is also wrong if I remember correct but I thought he had made it clear to them that it was wrong? Guess it will be a perfect match to mine.

Cory

Not only does the script look wrong but, the air cleaner lid is on wrong also on both models. I have again touched base with them about the problems. Let's see if they fix them? Time will tell.

Don :rolleyes: