• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

August 18th, 2007 GT/CS-HCS BBQ

franklinair

Neil Hoppe (aka franklinair) RSVP for 1. I'm flying from Atlanta to Sacramento Friday, 8-17, then driving to Grass Valley, staying at Gold Country Inn. May I bring you some wine from the Biltmore House vineyard? Looking forward to meeting folks.
Neil

P

PNewitt

I'm really excited about meeting everyone that we've been chatting with on the 'net--all this time!!!

I appreciate the effort that you're making to be here.

Paul N.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I'm really excited about meeting everyone that we've been chatting with on the 'net--all this time!!!

I appreciate the effort that you're making to be here.

Paul N.

Paul, I couldn't have said it better myself. We look forward to meeting everyone. Mike and Robinette.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Neil Hoppe (aka franklinair) RSVP for 1. I'm flying from Atlanta to Sacramento Friday, 8-17, then driving to Grass Valley, staying at Gold Country Inn. May I bring you some wine from the Biltmore House vineyard? Looking forward to meeting folks.
Neil

Neil, Wine would be great. Look forward to meeting you. Mike

Diesel Donna

One for sure here Mike and Robinette...if Tim doesn't come with me I might make Lisa (TwoRings) go! I'll let you know for sure. I will grab something to bring from the local grocery store too....let's hope my car doesn't catch fire this time either.

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

Am I bringing another dang sheet cake?

If I bring two, Mike will end up eating the other one, like last year!! LOL!!
(all we need is Mike having a sugar rush).

This time, I'll bring one, and put something neat in the middle, like a GT/CS car, or ad, or something like that...

Paul N.

p.s. yellow or chocolate? white or choc frosting? Decisions, decisions.

Midnight Special

On a side note...

...with attendance of this year's BBQ expected to be as good or better than last year - who among you would be interested in some aerial photographs of the cars? ...Or as an enhancement - four or six ship formation fly-bys w/ a couple of us photographers on board?

We have a gaggle of retired professional pilots w/ hi-perf planes who routinely fly formation practice and will do anything for fuel. I have spoke to the Airboss & have a meeting w/ them tonite... If they're all up for it, we'll depart at a time when everyone is there & make a series of passes (1000 AGL - no buzzing) for photos & entertainment. I also talked to a P-51 driver in Modesto (closest available). Still way too expensive...

Any good photos will be posted here and made available in large form for anyone who wants to print them.

...Just a li'l something you don't normally see at car shows w/ resources at hand. Let me know if this appeals to you...

Attachments

• Formation02.jpg
    Formation02.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 37

joedls

...with attendance of this year's BBQ expected to be as good or better than last year - who among you would be interested in some aerial photographs of the cars? ...Or as an enhancement - four or six ship formation fly-bys w/ a couple of us photographers on board?

We have a gaggle of retired professional pilots w/ hi-perf planes who routinely fly formation practice and will do anything for fuel. I have spoke to the Airboss & have a meeting w/ them tonite... If they're all up for it, we'll depart at a time when everyone is there & make a series of passes (1000 AGL - no buzzing) for photos & entertainment. I also talked to a P-51 driver in Modesto (closest available). Still way too expensive...

Any good photos will be posted here and made available in large form for anyone who wants to print them.

...Just a li'l something you don't normally see at car shows w/ resources at hand. Let me know if this appeals to you...

How could it not??:grin:

franklinair

Out of curiosity, how many RSVP's for this get-together?
Last week we hosted a 90th Birthday party for one of our retired pliots. We had 72 folks attend for BBQ & burgers +++. Its do-able, with a lot of prep & work. A BIG, BIG THANK YOU to our Host & Hostess.
Neil Hoppe

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

As of right now, approx. 25 people, and possibly 15 cars. I still haven't heard from most of the folks from last year yet. We sent out 33 invites through the mail, and then the post here. Last year, most RSVPs came in about the 1st of August.

A lot of flyers are being passed out from a Sacramento based Mustang shop. We have a confirmed 2007 GT/CS attending, and a line on a 2007 GT/CS Convert. We have just about every color, except Meadow Lark Yellow, and Gulfstream Aqua (Jason, Can you make it?). Mike

Tim, Aerial shots and a fly by would be COOL.

Midnight Special

Okay Mike, I'll proceed w/ that. I've always wanted to get a good aerial to augment the many ground shots and last year's orchard ladder ;-) Will you have a spot for the Mach Is et-al?

P

PNewitt

I know a book that an aerial photo might look good in....are we talking 35mm film, @ 1/1000th, telephoto?

Can you imagine anyone who sees Google Earth of the "CS Compound" that day?

'cuse the late night sarcasm, Mike....but I'll bring a nice cake, and dress it up. One should do for 25 people. If we run out, we'll go out and get a bunch of "Ho-Hos" (the cake type, not the Reno type). LOL!! :p

You forgot--we have a Little Red replica coming, too.

This is getting too silly. I'll stop while I'm behind.

Paul N.

joedls

I'll be there. Don't know yet if I'm bringing anyone, but I'll let you know.

Hey, Mike. Can you put in a word for me with your buddies so I don't get ticketed on the way there? :wink:

Now if I can only figure out how to get past Calif Girl :scared: :scared:

Last edited:

franklinair

My CS is Meadowlark Yellow, but tooooo long a drive from NC to CA!
Neil Hoppe

Midnight Special

...Four pilots confirmed tonite w/ possible six total. I offered to have them drive four CSs & Machs over and meet everyone, take in the cars and scope the best flight path. After tri-tips, we'll depart for the airport... I still have 35mm but shoot mostly hi-res digital w/ Nikon D70s. Seems to print just fine.

Joe, are you coming Friday nite or Saturday a.m.? I can put you up at the big house w/ DD & Tim on Friday and/ or Saturday if need be...