• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

August 18th, 2007 GT/CS-HCS BBQ

somethingspecial

Well, here it is the end of June, and time for everyone to start making plans to head for the hills. NO, aliens are not landing, but good food and friendship is, in the foothills of Northern Ca. Mike and Robinette Jewell officially invite all GT/CS and HCS owners to come enjoy good food, make new friends, and have a good time at their home in Grass Valley, Ca. on August 18th, 2007. 11:00 am to ? Bring your favorite GT/CS or HCS, and if it is not running, Push it. No, Just bring yourself. This is not a car show, and there will be no judging, so bring it AS IS. We Hope to see you here. If you would like an invitation mailed to you, Please send us your mailing address by PM, and we will get one out to you. Mike and Robinette Jewell

P

PNewitt

This is the part where the stage hand brings in the poster.

TAA-DAA!!

(I'm happy to help out, Mike & Robinette)

Paul N.

:p

Attachments

• bbqflier.gif
    bbqflier.gif
    216.7 KB · Views: 104
P

PNewitt

That's a nice poster. You made it Paul?

Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, I did. Thank you for the compliment. I had about 2 hours to make it the other night, to have it in time for the Wild West Mustang Show--to hand out on Saturday.

It was a good thing, 'cause we had several folks to hand them out to.

I used some old original advertising, and tweaked it for the flier. The CSs at the bottom are my own artwork, from many years ago. I just kept adding them across the page.

This is such an important--and impressive upcoming event, I felt it needed an impressive flier. I'm sure in the following years, it will keep getting bigger and bigger... I know how some folks may feel unsure about meeting some strangers, but everyone last year immediately had a good time,and it was a relaxing event. Mike and Robinette are wonderful hosts.

I invite everyone who can make it (with a CS/HCS or not). Last year was fun, and the food was wonderful! It's just really cool to see so many of these cars parked together all at once! Out of towners may wish to also see Tahoe & Reno, and make a bigger trip out of it.

I can almost smell the BBQ flavour in the air right now!

Paul N.

I was looking for BBQ clip art, and found this photo--from www.neatorama.com.
Want your hot dogs all revved up? VVRROOMM!!

Attachments

• hemibbq.jpg
    hemibbq.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 54

CalGal68

Mike & Robinette, how would you like your RSVP's? Fred and I will be there with a side dish. Looking forward to it!

Debra

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Rsvp

You can PM me, or Email us, or call, or, post it here. Thanks for asking. Mike

68gt390

Mike;
You know I'll be there. Plane tickets and bags are already packed and ready to go.

Hey Tim;
Is that trusty stead you mentioned earlier still available for use?

The excitement is building all over again. :icon_ecst See ya all in August.

Don :grin:

P

PNewitt

Who would like to see a "Little Red" Replica at the BBQ?

I have a lead on one in No. Calif. that "might" be able to make it. The guys making her are real Mustangers. too! This is one really sweet Mustang. I saw it, and it's "scary real" to see the CS inspiration like this.

Of course, it would have to be cleared with it's owner--over in Sweden (pssst...is it OK?)

Paul N.
(photo: the real Little Red)

Attachments

• ltlred.jpg
    ltlred.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Invitations Go Out Today!!!!

If you sent me your mailing address, I have it and yours is ready to go. If you would like an invitation sent to you, please send me your mailing address in a PM. Hope to see all of you here. Mike and Robinette.

Paul, If you can get the LR clone here, GO FOR IT!!!!!

franklinair

This is really great. I'm coming from NC. (not driving 2,500 miles!!) What's the RSVP count so far?
Neil Hoppe

P

PNewitt

I just spoke with Gary from the shop in Sacramento making Little Red (replica), and he said that he will do his best to make it. I just e-mailed him a Party Flier.

LR will arrive on a trailer, and should be between 90 and 100% complete by August. I've seen it, and it's fantastic!

This will be a real crowd pleaser! They are really pumped about coming!

Paul N.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Lodging In The Grass Valley Area

Here are a list of recommended lodging in the Grass Valley area. I suggest making reservations SOON!! They fill up fast. I called today and all have some rooms available.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. SEVERAL ROOMS AVAILABLE AS OF 07-06-07
121 BANK ST. CALL ASAP.
GRASS VALLEY, CA. 95945
530-477-1700

NORTHERN QUEEN INN RECOMMENDED FOR RAILROAD BUFFS
400 RAILROAD AVE. NEAR R/R MUSEUM.
NEVADA CITY, CA. 95959
530-265-5824

GOLD COUNTRY INN/BEST WESTERN
972 SUTTON WAY
GRASS VALLEY, CA. 95945
530-273-1393

AUBURN, CA. IS APPROXIMATELY 15-20 MILES FROM PARTY LOCATION, AND THEY HAVE SEVERAL HOTELS/MOTELS.

Hope to see all of you here. Mike and Robinette.

hicountrybob

Map

Here are a list of recommended lodging in the Grass Valley area. I suggest making reservations SOON!! They fill up fast. I called today and all have some rooms available.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. SEVERAL ROOMS AVAILABLE AS OF 07-06-07
121 BANK ST. CALL ASAP.
GRASS VALLEY, CA. 95945
530-477-1700

NORTHERN QUEEN INN RECOMMENDED FOR RAILROAD BUFFS
400 RAILROAD AVE. NEAR R/R MUSEUM.
NEVADA CITY, CA. 95959
530-265-5824

GOLD COUNTRY INN/BEST WESTERN
972 SUTTON WAY
GRASS VALLEY, CA. 95945
530-273-1393

AUBURN, CA. IS APPROXIMATELY 15-20 MILES FROM PARTY LOCATION, AND THEY HAVE SEVERAL HOTELS/MOTELS.

Hope to see all of you here. Mike and Robinette.

Mike could you run THAT highway map again????????? Thank you, Bob Teets here.

GTCSMustang

Got my invitation today. Thanks. Count me in. Is beer considered a "side dish"? The flier doesn't say anything about beer/other drinks. Is this a drinking or non-drinking function?

Scott

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

We supply all beverages. We have Soda Pop, Water, Wine, and Beer. If you have a favorite flavor, you can bring your own. All we ask is drink responsibly. We don't want anyone getting hurt or arrested.
Mike.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Rsvp

As folks RSVP, Please indicate how many people will be attending so we can plan the food. Thanks. Mike and Robinette.

GTCSMustang

Mike and Robinette,

I'm RSVPing for one attending. I''l bring a side dish (whatever I can find at a local grocery store).

Scott Fuller
Ridgecrest, CA