• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Arlie Visits!!

robert campbell

All,
Arlie is on his annual trek back to the metropolis of Omak Washington. IN HIS GT/CS!!! Wow, what a treat to see and hear it run. Nice rumble from a small camshaft and what a beautiful interior/exterior color combination. Blue interior to compliment the blue exterior!! Love its low stance on the Shelby 10 spokes!!

He was 3,000 miles from Houston and the car hardly showed it. Some road grime, but still turning heads. So Rob took the opportunity for a couple pics. The weather looked forbidding and sissy Rob chose not to take his cars any further than his cul-de-sac. And as luck would have it, it did not rain the rest of the afternoon or evening. Rob’s bad and he took Arlie around in his 1996 Ford Ranger….. We had a great afternoon of chatting with a drive to our lake property and a local greasy burger joint off the beaten path.

Wish we had more time and the weather would have better. We could have got a better setting for our cars. Sorry about the same boring back drop!! Had to try to keep up with Tim and his pictures!!

Anyway, about a month until the 17th and some beer and “Q”!!! Can’t wait!! The lake will provide some different backgrounds!!

Rob

DSCN6986.jpg

DSCN6985.jpg

DSCN6984.jpg

DSCN6987.jpg

hookedtrout

Awesome, can't see the pictures from work yet so I'll check them out when I get home, our work network blocks some photo hosting web sites for some reason. Planned on meeting up with Arlie as he came through Idaho but his schedule was a bit off from mine and I'm a bit out of the path he was on so it made more sense for him to push on which is very understandable, next time Arlie!!

Cory

GT/CS S Code

???

What the heck is going on here? There are only photos of the cars. Why aren't there any pictures of Arlie? Was he afraid that he might crack the camera lens ...?
:grin:

CougarCJ

Arlie came through Salem, Oregon too.

We had a nice,but short visit.
I envy him taking his GT/CS on a multi state road trip.

Mosesatm

...FAN'tastic!
Those are great pictures Rob and How cool is it to receive a visit from Mr. A!?! 'Love the GT/CSs, but that fastback is especially scary to look at ;-)

It's a lot scarier in person because you can hear it then. Scared me half to death!!!

Mosesatm

Arlie, which route are you taking on the way back?

Steve

Steve,
I think I'll take the I-90 route. Don't have it all worked out yet but I think I'll be going through Spokane on Monday so if you're around maybe we can get together.

obwan93001

Hey Arlie! Very cool you and the Rob-ster got to hang and love the pics of y'all's cars too, man. Glad to see the CS on such a cool road trip, great going Arlie! I bet Rob's Eleanor FB looks and I bet sounds meaner than a Grizzly bear after he's been kicked in the cajones full force! I also like the look of the Shelby hood on the Gold Nug, nice.

Glad you guys had a good time, sucks though you didn't get to cruise in either of your Mustangs Rob, next time.

Hope Arlie has a safe and most of all, a hella fun trip back home, post more pics and God speed brother!

Oscar