• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Dinner with Arlie!

robert campbell

Amy and I had a wonderful dinner with Arlie (mosesatm) last night in Seattle. He gave us a chance to meet him before his annual visit to Omak (cow capital of our state) Washington. Just kidding Arlie!!

What a great time! We all forgot our cameras. IDIOTS! It is amazing how similar and blue collar our family is. Arlie and Tim (Midnight Special) are so similar. Laid back with the glass half full! We did some book signing and just talked about our cars and experiences. With Amy there you get a young persons perspective on all of this that is so refreshing. It was way to short but I have found another person who would be a close friend if he was not so damn far away! I would love to go over to his and Bill “nfrntau” (in front of you) garages in Texas and drink a beer and turn a wrench! Maybe some day I will get down to Humble (“umble” for us “northeners”) Texas. Arlie says it is nice and warm and it only takes about 30 seconds to work up a good sweat nearly all year round!

Arlie, thanks for picking up the tab for our dinner! I hope to return the favor someday at a local haunt in Umble!!

Now off to Grass Valley tomorrow!! Let's get ready to party!!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Hope you all have a great time. Wish I could meet all of you sometime. Best wishes Marty

Midnight Special

Rob, that's great you got to meet Arlie! We're so looking forward to a great weekend here with hopes that everyone travels safe! Keep all your receipts and we'll send those to Arlie to cover as well!

Gee THANKS!!!
;-)

Mosesatm

Amy and I had a wonderful dinner with Arlie (mosesatm) last night in Seattle. He gave us a chance to meet him before his annual visit to Omak (cow capital of our state) Washington. Just kidding Arlie!!

What a great time! We all forgot our cameras. IDIOTS! It is amazing how similar and blue collar our family is. Arlie and Tim (Midnight Special) are so similar. Laid back with the glass half full! We did some book signing and just talked about our cars and experiences. With Amy there you get a young persons perspective on all of this that is so refreshing. It was way to short but I have found another person who would be a close friend if he was not so damn far away! I would love to go over to his and Bill “nfrntau” (in front of you) garages in Texas and drink a beer and turn a wrench! Maybe some day I will get down to Humble (“umble” for us “northeners”) Texas. Arlie says it is nice and warm and it only takes about 30 seconds to work up a good sweat nearly all year round!

Arlie, thanks for picking up the tab for our dinner! I hope to return the favor someday at a local haunt in Umble!!

Now off to Grass Valley tomorrow!! Let's get ready to party!!!

Rob

I even met Satan. She's one sexy ride!!! Although, she tends to drool a little.

hookedtrout

Just a warning Rob...

It is going to be HOT here!! In the upper 90's during the day, so pack accordingly! See ya tomorrow :cheesy:

90's!! Holy cow, I think I'm changing my mind, it's been in the 30's at night here and 70's during the day, I'll cook in the 90's.

Headed out early Saturday morning, should be in Grass Valley early evening, will call Tim upon arrival for some direction on what the plan is.

Cory

Midnight Special

...The plan now is to spend quality time with Neil, Rob, Renee and Steve while waiting to hear progress of the Powell's and everyone else. Got lots of beer, sodas & snacks & BBQ stuff, but the itinerary remains totally open. Rob (so far) has to fly home on mid-Sunday, so a formal book signing should happen pretty early. We have tons of breakfast stuff here or we can caravan in Mustangs out to a nice "greasy spoon".

I'm happily just the facilitator of great people!

Our home and cars are all your's :))

P.S. Too bad Arlie & Amy won't be here. 'Don't mean to occupy their thread ;-O

marie68csmustangs

Temps in Sacramento have been rather hot. I hope to make it on Saturday afternoon - evening over at Tim's after work (I get off at 4pm) I'm only an hour away from Tim, and if anyone needs directions, I can help too.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rob likes hot! I will bring some sun block for my nose! Nose likes to get red. Other than that, I be ready! Heading for the airport at about 8:00 A.M. See ya there!!!

Rob

68gt390

...The plan now is to spend quality time with Neil, Rob, Renee and Steve while waiting to hear progress of the Powell's and everyone else. Got lots of beer, sodas & snacks & BBQ stuff, but the itinerary remains totally open. Rob (so far) has to fly home on mid-Sunday, so a formal book signing should happen pretty early. We have tons of breakfast stuff here or we can caravan in Mustangs out to a nice "greasy spoon".

I'm happily just the facilitator of great people!

Our home and cars are all your's :))

P.S. Too bad Arlie & Amy won't be here. 'Don't mean to occupy their thread ;-O

There you go again Tim - mentioning my favorite word "BEER". I may even have to make another trip out to Grass Valley.

Don :grin: