• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Yellow '68 GT/CS in San Dimas

Mustanger

I've seen this car in-person several times and I remember awhile back when the owner purchased it and restored it for his daughter ... well, she didn't want it and now he's trying to sell it. He cleaned it up and restored the 289, the a/c, painted the car, and he installed a 9" Lincoln Vers. rear end/axle in it, that's how he has 4-wheel disc brakes. He also has the Shelby (ie "short") stands for his Lucas lights ... also, due to the Lincoln rear axle, he has Cragars with a custom backspacing allowing the wheels to fit properly in the wheel wells ... everything else, he seems to have done a nice job ...

Last edited:

Ruppstang

I have not done one but have hear that it is expencive and you will lose your E brake. Unless you plan to race the car probbly not worth it as the front brake does about 75% of the braking. If you were doing a independant rear suspension conversion I would go all the way and go discs. Just my 2 cents Marty