• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. What is Your Winter Project

Midnight Special

Are you sure you trust me with fire near your house???

Tell you what... You burn the leaves, and the downed branches, and I'll bring the hot dogs and marshmallows :wink:

...Sounds great to me Renee! We'll make one of those Swedish fire pits from an old tree stump. Either way - we'll be ready for ya ;-)

Attachments

• 100_0284.jpg
    100_0284.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 25
  • amberst.jpg
    amberst.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 28

PonyGal

I don't think you'll need to fire up "Amber"!!! I promise I will stay away from the fire (?)

PFSlim

Thanks everyone about the cobra. Cleared a big hurdle last night by finally figuring out my shock/spring package to get my ride height of about 5 inchs (bottom of frame to ground). We are close now to what the height should be with the added weight of body and body stuff.

Casey - I drove down to Pete and Jakes yesterday to pick up some different coil over shocks from Jason. Great guy and has really helped me in my build. Sure hope you can use him in the future for your truck. You will not be disappointed.

Sorry to hear the GT/CS is stuck in the garage. Wish I could be there for it!!

Paul

Attachments

• DSC00704.JPG
    DSC00704.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00699.JPG
    DSC00699.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 22

clubpro

Tim,

I was hoping to bring the turn signal switch back with me from Vegas, but they are still back ordered until Nov. 20th. Sorry for the delay and thanks for yours and Renee's patience.

My project for the winter is my 61 Ford F100 Unibody pickup. The previous owner cut up the floor moving the shifter from the column to the floor. I figured that since I was working on the floor I would switch out the toploader 4 speed that has a granny 1st to a TKO 5 speed. Found one on craigslist and now all I have to do is change the shifter location from the very back of the tranny to the front shifter location. I have just finished putting in a Ron Francis wiring kit. Nothing worked electrically speaking so it was time to replace all of the wiring. The engine is a 68 390 and I have put some old cast iron headers on and I am switching the cast iron intake to an old Ford aluminum intake.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• DSC_0328.jpg
    DSC_0328.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0330.jpg
    DSC_0330.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0331.jpg
    DSC_0331.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 33

clubpro

Thanks Cory,

It has been a fun project and has kept me from being depressed over selling my CS to Joe. This is the first time since 1986 that I have not owned a Mustang. My wife knows that it is only a matter of time before there is another Mustang in my stable. It's a good thing that I am so close to Tim and can get my fix just by driving 45 minutes and then get in his black beauty and run through the gears once in awhile. And then there is always my cousin's CS and he knows that whenever I come to visit I have to go for a drive in the 68. Guess where I am spending Thanksgiving? My cousin thinks that I am coming up to see him.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Tim,
Wish I could be there for the big red light off! Nothing like breathing life back into some old iron!! Plus a couple extra hands are always useful. I had my brother-in-law and both my brothers with me when we lit off the supercharger!!! FUN FUN FUN! Keep us posted for the light off! Who knows, maybe a weekend flight is in order!!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Hopefully get my cobra finished. The body is currently at paint and I expect back around Dec 1. Got a few issues to work out, then put the thing together for the last time.

Paul,
Looks like the Cobra is coming a long very nicely, I can't wait to see it. I have been meaning to ask you if you had shown your GT-CS in Liberty MO.?
If so I met you and judged your car a couple of times. Good luck with the Cobra may be I'll see it in Liberty. Marty

PFSlim

Marty

You are correct. You did see it and judge it in Liberty. I did not know you visited this site. Good to hear from you again. I am sure I will have my cobra at the Liberty event again next year.

For those who have not met Marty, he is very knowledgeable about Mustangs and Concourse cars.

Paul

gofastguy

Redetail 67 GTA Convertable to comply with new MCA rules.

I presume that you are talking about the cover car for Mustang Times. It's absolutely gorgeous and I can't imagine what you could do to make it nicer...but you're the expert on the judging.

Great car AND great story!

franklinair

Indeed, an absolute beauty!
Marty, clear up a question I've had for years: What's the story on transverse mounted mufflers? What's the correct application? I've installed them (a real PITA as I recall) but have never really known the correct application.

Neil

Ruppstang

I presume that you are talking about the cover car for Mustang Times. It's absolutely gorgeous and I can't imagine what you could do to make it nicer...but you're the expert on the judging.

Geat car AND great story![/QUOTE

Thank You
It is a very nice car that I worked on restoring nine years, but NO car is perfect it can only be as good as your abilites and what you can afford. The MCA may change the concours rules as to not allow the use of metailc paints. So if it was bare steel it must be bare steel and if it was plated it must be plated. I painted some of the suspension and now it will need to be stripped and redone.
Marty

Mosesatm

It seems to me that if one can prove the work was done under the then-current rules they should not deduct points.

Ruppstang

Indeed, an absolute beauty!
Marty, clear up a question I've had for years: What's the story on transverse mounted mufflers? What's the correct application? I've installed them (a real PITA as I recall) but have never really known the correct application.

Neil

I assume you are talking about the dual transverse system. In 67 Ford only factory installed this system on K and S codes. In 68 it was also used on the J codes and S codes. Many of these systems were Dealer Installed on other engines. And yes they can be challenging to install correctly. Mine is lower than I like I think because it is a reproduction. I could not afford 5K for the NOS Ford. Marty

Scott

Winter Project Progress Update...

How are all those Winter projects progressing?... when does the Winter project season end over there?

I think Rob has to take the prize for the most ambitious mid-Winter idea with the "Modest Dream Garage" post.

Reviewing my list, I've surprised myself - should be more ambitious...
GTCS: Finished! Nothing more than the usual issues we enjoy tinkering with.
Watches:
1933 Oyster Rolex - COMPLETE
Seiko diver 7002 - COMPLETE
Heuer Autavia Calibre 11 - COMPLETE
1940s Girrard Perregauzx Valjoux 22 chronograph - PARTS DELIVERED
1976 Arcade table - COMPLETE BUT CAN'T MATCH MY OLD TOP SCORES!

ADDITIONAL PROJECTS THAT HAVE COME UP
Took (stole) my mate's Holden Kingswood while he's on honeymooon to get it mechanically sorted for his return in two weeks

Another Seiko dive watch that parts aren't available for anywhere at all - still searching for bits as it is sentimental to my pal at work.

Still willing to put in for a prize... I say we'd need to vote on the most deserving - what about a Bulova watch... Top quality, Mechanical, American. and I have a '68 model that would be ideal.

Ruppstang

Wow Scott,
A vintage watch now that is some incentive. I think you are going to be some tough competition! Latter I have to get to my garage! Marty