• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. What is Your Winter Project

Ruppstang

No worries the shop is heated! Rob I don't think that 427 bad boy will fit in your carry on. I would keep my eye on you I might just learn something. Neil when the tickets come look for a first class one, I am sure you deserve it. Jeff I would love to have you come, but I would hate to be your excuse as to why you did not have a car at the MCA show next year. Better get to work on that list. Well I had better get going to pick up my lottery tickets. I let you all know when to plan your trips. Oh I almost forgot Renee is welcome I have plenty of fire extinguishers! Marty

Ruppstang

Marty-
What do you have to 're-detail' on the '67 GTA? I had done a '67 GTA convertible some years ago to MCA specs. Just curious as to changes.

Neil

PS
It's a LONG flight out to your place, so could you spring for a First Clas ticket for me? Is your garage heated? ;)

I went to the MCA judges meeting last month and it sounds like the concours trailered class rules will be changed to not allow metalic paints. If it was plated orignally it must be plated if it was bare steel it must be unpainted. It seems that too many gold awards are now being given, so the desision has been made to tighten up the rules. Is not been aproved by the board yet. If it is probbly would go in effect in 2011 to give everyone time to make changes. This change made the desision to restore the HCS to driven concours standards very easy. Marty

Attachments

• DSC01074.jpg
    DSC01074.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01083.jpg
    DSC01083.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

JohnnyQuest515

Seat Covers
Rear deck cover
Carpet
Dash Pad
Dash Bezels
Mini Tach
Gas Gauge that doesn't work
Paint Dash
Battery Tray restore

Thats it!

Randy

Scott

I know about winter - it was on a Tuesday this year in Sydney.

Things to do before the end of the year...
GTCS: finish painting: just a few bits I'm thinking of doing in phosphate like fuel tank (it is bright blue thanks to previous owner) and then a couple of electrical issues to chase through.
240Z: So reliable and responsive through rev range now the electronic ignition is working that all I need to finish it is some new pedal pads - on order. Car has started to rust at the end prepared first so will probably start back there again soon.
Watches: 1933 Oyster Rolex 10&1/2 Ligne Hunter - service & repair balance staff; Seiko diver 7002 find a replacement bezel ring; Heuer Autavia Calibre 11 - service & install new crystal; 1940s Girrard Perregauzx Valjoux 22 chronograph - repair pallet arbor, clean & lube [damaged when dropped after clocking 0-60 times in the special - best of 6.4 sec]
Arcade table: 1976 taito space invaders cocktail table - fitting new micro switches & joysticks, 48 game jamma board, new 14" hitachi CRTube and getting a new glass cut for the top.

I'd be willing to put in for a prize!.. how to document/judge the most worthy?

dpheyes

Just got this to Alaska after 3-1/2 years. I didn't have any of the parts to work on ahead of time so I have a lot of pieces/assemblies to refurbish. Our winter starts the beginning of October and runs through mid-May, so I've got lots of time. Unfortunately my garage is poorly heated!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 27

Ruppstang

I know about winter - it was on a Tuesday this year in Sydney.

Things to do before the end of the year...
GTCS: finish painting: just a few bits I'm thinking of doing in phosphate like fuel tank (it is bright blue thanks to previous owner) and then a couple of electrical issues to chase through.
240Z: So reliable and responsive through rev range now the electronic ignition is working that all I need to finish it is some new pedal pads - on order. Car has started to rust at the end prepared first so will probably start back there again soon.
Watches: 1933 Oyster Rolex 10&1/2 Ligne Hunter - service & repair balance staff; Seiko diver 7002 find a replacement bezel ring; Heuer Autavia Calibre 11 - service & install new crystal; 1940s Girrard Perregauzx Valjoux 22 chronograph - repair pallet arbor, clean & lube [damaged when dropped after clocking 0-60 times in the special - best of 6.4 sec]
Arcade table: 1976 taito space invaders cocktail table - fitting new micro switches & joysticks, 48 game jamma board, new 14" hitachi CRTube and getting a new glass cut for the top.

I'd be willing to put in for a prize!.. how to document/judge the most worthy?
I think a ticket to the next family vist would be great motivation as a prize. I don't how to pick the most worthy, but a compleated list in a unheated garage would have to be right up there. Marty

somethingspecial

Mike,
A pic or two please!!!! I love fabricating stuff from scratch for conversions like this!

Rob

Well Rob, I'll try to download some pics of the car. I'm having probs with my PC. Here it goes.

Attachments

• 100_2653.jpg
    100_2653.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2658.jpg
    100_2658.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_2657.jpg
    100_2657.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_2656.jpg
    100_2656.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2655.jpg
    100_2655.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_2654.jpg
    100_2654.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 40

somethingspecial

No, I purchased it that way a couple of years ago from a li'l old lady believe it or not. Now I am going to personalize it with the stroker and a few more improvements. Took it out yesterday for a spin since the weather was nice. Mike

PFSlim

Hopefully get my cobra finished. The body is currently at paint and I expect back around Dec 1. Got a few issues to work out, then put the thing together for the last time.

Paul

Attachments

• kphoto3.jpg
    kphoto3.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 33
  • kphoto2.jpg
    kphoto2.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 34

case12

My 1936 Traditional Hot Rod

Here is my summer/winter project. Pulled right out of an Indiana field. Everything was there.

1936 Ford Pickup
1939 Flathead, Vintage Sharp Heads, Ford 94's, Vintage Edmunds Intake
1939 Three Speed
1939 Frame
Juice Brakes
1941 Drums, Spindles and 16" Wheels
Wide White Walls
Reversed Eye springs on Front and Back
4 inch drop front axle
Pete & Jakes steering arms, drag link, tie rod and front shocks
Chopped 6 inches, Channeled 7 inches
Dodge back seat reupholstered in black tuck and role vinyl by Voodoo Larrys
Door panels hand stitched pinstriping by Nates Customs
Original gauges, generator - hand-made electrical 12V system

Plan is to finish in gloss black with red and white pinstriping. This is a hot rod - not a rat rod, or street rod. Traditional hot rods are built to be period correct (no billet, no digital, no tilt steering).

Fun to learn about these old cars!! Casey

Attachments

• 100_2608.jpg
    100_2608.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2611.jpg
    100_2611.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_2612.jpg
    100_2612.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_2613.jpg
    100_2613.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG00007-20090401-1217b.jpg
    IMG00007-20090401-1217b.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG00010-20090917-1949.jpg
    IMG00010-20090917-1949.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 106

Midnight Special

...Wow Casey! I've been wondering how you were doing on that. Lot's of work already!!

Mike - Neat Coupe!! How are you going to keep it on the ground with a Stroker??

Paul - Lookin Good! Funny thing, but your former GT/CS has been a resident at my house since Cory's book signing party. I never would've dreamed I would be hangaring such an immaculate piece of cs'dot'com history when I first signed on here in 2005. Amazing how things happen :)

hookedtrout

That's awesome Casey, chopping the top is a lot of work and a lot of fun, I chopped a 55 Ford F100 years ago 5". It was an awesome looking truck, let it slip away. Can't wait to see yours complete, looking great.

Cory

somethingspecial

Casey, that is an awsom looking truck. Keep up the good work. Paul, cant wait to see your finished product.

PonyGal

By the way; for a "heated garage", we'd better include Renee! You will need a gas BBQ, about a quart of bacon grease and some exhaust fans in the ceiling ;-)

Oh I almost forgot Renee is welcome I have plenty of fire extinguishers! Marty

...Paul - Lookin Good! Funny thing, but your former GT/CS has been a resident at my house since Cory's book signing party. I never would've dreamed I would be hangaring such an immaculate piece of cs'dot'com history when I first signed on here in 2005. Amazing how things happen :)

Boy, my internet access goes down for a few days, and I always seem to miss a lot on this site :sad:

Tim & Marty. Contrary to popular belief, I AM NOT A FIREBUG!!!!! I just like to keep things interesting :grin:

Also Tim, I am so thankful that you are "babysitting" the Foster/Stevenson GT/CS for me. Hopefully the parts will come in soon and we can get her back in my garage again and give you back one of your prime parking spots (and we all KNOW how much parking you need!!!)

P.S. Tim, can I help put the engine back in the 390???? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: