• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. What is Your Winter Project

robert campbell

Dudes!
What is your winter project? I got a few

GT/CS:
Maier sub-frame connectors
90/10 front shocks
Figure out why it steers “fast” (frightening) to the right just off center of steering.
Better align exhaust tips
Reupholster front and back seats.

1967 Fastback:
Install Stan Johnson Ford Power Train Applications Headers. Old headers to low!
Reinstall Power Steering for wife!
Centerforce clutch

Amy’s GT/CS (Satan):
Fix transmission leak.

New Boat (used):
Repack trailer bearings
New tires for trailer
Replace thermostat
Adjust/work on choke

Drink beer!!

Rob

somethingspecial

Engine Swap on my Model A

I am taking the 4.3 liter V6 out of my 1930 Model A coupe and dropping in a 383 stroker. new Flaming River tilt steering column, Lokar floor shifter for the Turbo350 trans, new wiring, and electic fan. I have to swap out the firewall to allow the stroker to fit. The car is fun to drive but the V6 just doesn't have the sound the car deserves. It has a Mustang II front end with a Ford 8 inch. This is a full fender model A 5 window.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Mike,
A pic or two please!!!! I love fabricating stuff from scratch for conversions like this!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Joe,
Alright, now I am just sad!!!

Winter is a time in the NW (today is a great example up here) where it rains and rains and rains, and you hate to go out in it. So you think up things to do inside to keep your sanity... Your car sanity!!

Rob

green56

things to be done over winter

on my 66 conv fixd the water leak found were the water is going it is comming in justto the right of heater box in right corner so we are going to pull the engine & tran then we will remove the heater to see if we can fix it from the in side if that don't work then the big job

rvrtrash

'68 GT/CS: Install '69 seat backs with headrests, install new window regulators, rebuild carb.

'73 Mach 1: Install interior, detail underside, paint engine compartment, rebuild engine and tranny.

'65 Tiger: Build, from scratch, new wiring harness, install better gauges.

'69 Fairlane 500 Convertible: Work some more on building and installing body panels and floors.

'71 Boss 351: Continue to look for those parts built of "unobtainium".

'70 Cougar XR7: It's going to take a nap. Poor kitty is tired.

OK that's November. Now for December.....

Oh, and Joe, Rob was going easy on the winter definition. It's really where that rain he spoke of turns a bit more solid and hangs around until March or April.

Steve

J_Speegle

Finish Dan's 69 Shelby (first show - Mothers Day)

9F02M48189709-2009.jpg

Throw the special order paint CJ Mach I together so its ready to sell as a project

9R02R131545Primer9-09booth2.jpg

Then finish the 429CJ XR7 so I have something "new" to drive

1F93C530615DS10-09.jpg

Sure those will keep me busy over the colder months - but the new engine in the Boss follows and then its on to the wife's Shelby she hopes!

Mosesatm

'68 GT/CS: Install '69 seat backs with headrests, install new window regulators, rebuild carb.

'73 Mach 1: Install interior, detail underside, paint engine compartment, rebuild engine and tranny.

'65 Tiger: Build, from scratch, new wiring harness, install better gauges.

'69 Fairlane 500 Convertible: Work some more on building and installing body panels and floors.

'71 Boss 351: Continue to look for those parts built of "unobtainium".

'70 Cougar XR7: It's going to take a nap. Poor kitty is tired.

OK that's November. Now for December.....

Oh, and Joe, Rob was going easy on the winter definition. It's really where that rain he spoke of turns a bit more solid and hangs around until March or April.

Steve

Steve, which one has the unique '60s interior? Is it a one of one?

rvrtrash

Steve, which one has the unique '60s interior? Is it a one of one?

The Boss is a 1 of 1. In fact, at the family visit, Scott figured out that it's the only '71 Mustang of any type that was built Raven Black with a Red random stripe interior. Pretty cool, I think.

Steve

Midnight Special

Jeff - NEAT!

Steve - I just learned in a documentary that the '71 Boss 351 was quicker in the quarter than the 302 and 429! "Duh" is me!! It was in a video tape a former Boss 302 owner gave me.

My winter project so far is raking and burning huge piles of pine needles & leaves. Most of the Specials are put away for now and I've been driving the CJ Mach for a couple of weeks. Other than some routine maintenance, I will install the new 390 and finish the red S-code in time for Spring. My friends Scott & Chad have a number of un-related projects we'll be playing with over winter. Mostly because they generate plenty of heat on cold days ;-)

Rob - your old Maytag engine arrived yesterday. It's cool! Scott is VERY appreciative and will be thanking you profusely!

Attachments

• 1945.jpg
    1945.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 1958.jpg
    1958.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 1962.jpg
    1962.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 33
  • 1957.jpg
    1957.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 1964.jpg
    1964.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1953.jpg
    1953.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1952.jpg
    1952.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 1947.jpg
    1947.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 27

Ruppstang

I hope get the HCS road worthy and install a new deluxe interior.
Start restoration on a barn find 67 Convertable Sprint.
Redetail 67 GTA Convertable to comply with new MCA rules. Boy do I hate to have to take this car apart again.
Get 68 fastback ready for the trip to the MCA Grand National shoe in Bellevue WA.
Just maintenance the rest.
We have about four and a half months of the white kind of winter here and I am sure that is not enough for my list.
We should offer some kind of prize for the one on this thread that compleats his list. What do you think? Marty

Attachments

• 188.jpg
    188.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Tim,
Glad the "Maytag" got there and will be loved! She deserved to be on display! Plus Scott looks stuck in the "steam age". Are you sure he know's how to work on such a state of the art piece of equipment? Tell him not to stick wood in the gas tank and light it!!!

Rob

Midnight Special

I
...We should offer some kind of prize for the one on this thread that completes his list. What do you think? Marty

...That's a great idea! I know precisely how you can win the prize Marty. Just add a few airline tickets, some tri-tips and beer to your parts list, pick a four-day holiday weekend, then invite Neil, Rob, Steve, Ron, Scott B. and maybe Jeff (concours QC) to your garage. The surrounding white stuff will melt away with their heated enthusiasm and you could complete your list before the new year! You will also find yourself in shape to enter an upcoming triathlon....after so many dashes to the tool box and bending, lifting, handing tools & parts to guys inside and under your cars ;-)

Attachments

• 1711.jpg
    1711.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1160.jpg
    DSC_1160.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_1175.jpg
    DSC_1175.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_1161.jpg
    DSC_1161.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Boy do I like to help spend other peoples money!!! When we leaving?? Here is a pic of my brother-in-laws 1967 Mustang Fastback engine compartment. It will be around if we have a meeting next summer. Aluminum headed 428 PI motor in the 500 HP range.

Lots of carburators runs in the family.... 6 Rochester 2 Jets! Dual tri-power so to speak!

HerbsEngine.jpg

Rob up to his ass in old boat doing some winter work he cannot remember

boatlegs1.jpg

Rob's new boat for our party next year. Lots of seating and lots of cup holders!!

IMG_1417.jpg

franklinair

Marty-
What do you have to 're-detail' on the '67 GTA? I had done a '67 GTA convertible some years ago to MCA specs. Just curious as to changes.

Neil

PS
It's a LONG flight out to your place, so could you spring for a First Clas ticket for me? Is your garage heated? ;)

Ruppstang

...That's a great idea! I know precisely how you can win the prize Marty. Just add a few airline tickets, some tri-tips and beer to your parts list, pick a four-day holiday weekend, then invite Neil, Rob, Steve, Ron, Scott B. and maybe Jeff (concours QC) to your garage. The surrounding white stuff will melt away with their heated enthusiasm and you could complete your list before the new year! You will also find yourself in shape to enter an upcoming triathlon....after so many dashes to the tool box and bending, lifting, handing tools & parts to guys inside and under your cars ;-)

Tim,
That sounds like experance talking. Family visit? Marty

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Tim,
That sounds like experance talking. Family visit? Marty

Marty,
You need the concurs guy to watch me constantly!! Modification is my game!!! Before you know it, I will have a 427 SOHC stuffed in the front end!!! Or at least a "huffer" on the small block!!!

I require a heated garage in the winter!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

Boy do I like to help spend other peoples money!!! When we leaving?? Here is a pic of my brother-in-laws 1967 Mustang Fastback engine compartment. It will be around if we have a meeting next summer. Aluminum headed 428 PI motor in the 500 HP range.

Lots of carburators runs in the family.... 6 Rochester 2 Jets! Dual tri-power so to speak!

HerbsEngine.jpg

Dang, that is just plain sexy. By coincidence, this guy locally has one of those intakes for sale. If someone is interested, I can go by and look at it for you.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/1455562320.html

Steve

Midnight Special

Tim,
That sounds like experience talking. Family visit? Marty

Yes Marty - a wonderful experience. It's one thing to get a bead on people hammering away on keyboards and straining to read these screens, but quite another to meet them in person and get some real perspective. You of all know what I mean, I'm sure... I would love little more than to see more people of this "family" get together, post pictures, stories and share information. To me, that's what makes us Special over other sites.

By the way; for a "heated garage", we'd better include Renee! You will need a gas BBQ, about a quart of bacon grease and some exhaust fans in the ceiling ;-)