• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What do you guys think of this one?

CougarCJ

Beautifully done car.

I like the Marchal fog lights.

The auction house should invest in a deluxe Marti report though.

Diesel Donna

Wow! I never saw an interior like that before in a lime gold car, I wish mine looked like that.

HappyHour

Very nice...looks like Alfred put some quad tips on the dual exhaust as I dont see the GT option and its a 289. I would have grabbed some GT wheels too!

hookedtrout

Are the grill and Marchal posts lighter than normal or is it just the light? Seems like the posts are more visible than mine, could be the light or flash or something.

Cory

Mosesatm

Very nice. It'll be interesting to see what it sells for. The hole in the passenger scoop certainly won't help the price.

Attachments

• 4128973_34.jpg
    4128973_34.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
D

dehcho

I Called, he is asking $25k. And he does have the Marti...

Brett

CougarCJ

Are the grill and Marchal posts lighter than normal or is it just the light? Seems like the posts are more visible than mine, could be the light or flash or something.

Cory

The Marchal lights mounted directly to the grille brackets. No posts like the Lucas lights use.
Remember, the Marchal fogs were recalled.

hookedtrout

The Marchal lights mounted directly to the grille brackets. No posts like the Lucas lights use.
Remember, the Marchal fogs were recalled.

Thanks, my bad on the post reference, mine does have the Marchal's mounted correct but the grill on mine and the color of the bracket seem to be a very light color compared to mine. My grill and brackets almost disapear, these seem to be very visible.

ironhorse

Maybe I'm missing something, but I only see the Ford 999 report. And it doesn't say anything about "California Special," unlike mine ...
Beautiful car, regardless. Gotta love that colour ...
Kevin

GTCSMustang

That date can't be correct. They must have messed up. The VIN puts it in the April 1968 timeframe. They stopped making 1968 production Mustangs in July (I think).

Scott

mmarsalone

Scott, that's what is on the Ford 999 report in the auction. I can't see how that could be messed up. Again, it doesn't say California Special like Kevin says in the post above mine.

GTCSMustang

Ford definitely wasn't making 1968 Mustangs in September 1968. They stopped 1968 Mustang production in July and started 1969 Mustang production in August. Maybe it's a typo. Whatever the case, it's wrong.

Scott

tomcwarren

Not sure what 'Parchment W/Black Trim Scheme' means on the Ford report, but it looks just like my Parchment interior, albeit with (incorrect) black door armrests. I assume the 'black trim scheme' could mean the camera-casing on the dash front, but that's standard, yes?

Also, what the heck is 'Regular & Deluxe Tutone Paint'? :confused:

Really need to see the Marti on this one.

CougarCJ

I contacted the seller for the bottom line of the door data plate.

The VIN falls well within the span of numbers for a GT/CS.

I presume that Mustangs could be ordered two tone painted? Semi common on Cougars of the era. Normally a two digit paint code with either a "A" or "M" as the second digit. "A" for a black painted roof and "M" for a white roof.

It is possible to have a 3 digit trim code too.

Arlie posted his GT/CS as:
Model: 1968 GT/CS
Engine: 289-2V C-code
Color: Gulfstream Aqua
Interior: 2-tone Aqua Standard Bucket Seats
DSO: 71 Los Angeles
Axle: 2.79 standard
Trans: C-4 Automatic
Dealer: Russ Davis Ford, Covina, CA
Built: March 6, 1968

Arlie, what is your trim code?

Mosesatm

Trim is 2K

I contacted the seller for the bottom line of the door data plate.

The VIN falls well within the span of numbers for a GT/CS.

I presume that Mustangs could be ordered two tone painted? Semi common on Cougars of the era. Normally a two digit paint code with either a "A" or "M" as the second digit. "A" for a black painted roof and "M" for a white roof.

It is possible to have a 3 digit trim code too.

Arlie posted his GT/CS as:
Model: 1968 GT/CS
Engine: 289-2V C-code
Color: Gulfstream Aqua
Interior: 2-tone Aqua Standard Bucket Seats
DSO: 71 Los Angeles
Axle: 2.79 standard
Trans: C-4 Automatic
Dealer: Russ Davis Ford, Covina, CA
Built: March 6, 1968

Arlie, what is your trim code?

tomcwarren

2-tone buckets are fairly common - darker (or lighter) insert, as seen on a lot of Aqua's, etc. Never seen it on a Parchment interior, though. I think the owner just used black armrests - not (AFAIK) a factory option.

Nor have I seen (on this site, at least) a 2-tone painted CS. Although I haven't done an exhaustive search - just poked around in galleries.

Regardless, I don't think it'll be settled until we see a Marti, or at least a picture of the complete door tag.

I should say, though, that I think this is a good-looking CS - if I didn't have one already, I might fly into Reno to look at this one - love the color, and I even like the wheel/tire combo.