• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 vinyl roof

lenta

I like a vinyl roof but what color do I choose, white or black...

My HCS is soooooooo red, red exterior red interior. Many of you will advise me: don't do it but I know the risk of rust and the way it looks now does irritate me too red.
It needs new paint but that candy apple red is no gonna be changed. (It is easy with a black interior) and another thing it has white stripes.
:confused:

franklinair

I also believe a vinyl top improves appearance. I added it to one of mine several years ago. (Meadowlark Yellow with a Black interior) And I also had a Highland Green with a White vinyl top with White striping.Not too worried about rust if you're installing it over a good painted surface, as these cars do not get exposed to inclement weather anymore.
On your car, I think Black top with a Black striping or White top with White striping would look great.

Neil

Attachments

• MUSTANGS 038.jpg
    MUSTANGS 038.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Green GTCS 275.jpg
    Green GTCS 275.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 55

classicsguy

That's a beautiful Meadowlark yellow car Neil,the vinyl roof enhances the color..

dalorzo_f

+1 on white with the white stripes. Unless you change them black (which looks better IMHO) a black top with white stripes may look odd...

Maybe someone can photoshop up some views...

OP
OP
lenta

lenta

Thanks for the input
I think I go for a white because of the white stripes.

Mosesatm

Here's a car with white stripes and a black roof.

Attachments

• 68 GTCS Black on Red (1000x667).jpg
    68 GTCS Black on Red (1000x667).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 68MustangCASpec5.jpg
    68MustangCASpec5.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
lenta

lenta

black or white...both are looking great but I don't have a matching interior thats why I take my stripes as a reference.