• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Vinyl roof seam location

dalorzo_f

Installed a top on my GT/CS a while ago and did not look at this too carefully.

The seam on the vinyl roof fell about 2" down the pillar. Which seemed reasonable.

Went to install a second top a few days ago and it is cut in such a way that the seam has to fall almost at the upper windscreen molding. Seems quite high on the pillar.

Does anyone have an OEM vinyl roof and can measure where the seam is in relation to the upper molding or post a photo? Wondering if there is a "norm" or it just fell wherever the installer put it.

????

sportyworty

I responded with pics on your concours forum inquiry. OEM did not have a pillar seam just the 2 main seams up on top running between front and rear glass. The material is readily available so getting 2 long narrow strips that run from top of rear quarter to bottom of the A pillar could be sourced.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

A supposed low mile original in a high end collection I viewed did have the seam... not sure if it was supposed to be there or not. Again in this hobby conflicting info from "credible" sources...