• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Unknown Parts

Mosesatm

This is a picture of the gas cap are on a Eleanor replica. What are the things below the cap?

Last edited:

Diesel Donna

Its' own reflection? Or maybe a hoogalator intake?
I think this is a trick question. :icon_shif

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I thought about it being its own reflection too but I just can't visualize how it all ties together. It's own reflection seems to be the only thing that makes sense though.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I say it's just the reflection of the brass (?) screw heads. The curve of the body at that angle just happens to realy sssssstretch them out.

rjw

I think it is a combination; reflection of water or gas spilled on the car, the reflection off of the cap and the camera flash altogether.
rjw

BroadwayBlue

I go with reflection too ... you can see the latch in the reflection as well.
But it's an odd optical illusion that's for sure.

Where is the pic from? are there anymore?

Perkchiro

I agree, a reflection of the brass allen screws, elongated below from the camera flash and high gloss paint surface. Interesting picture isn't it?

Steve

Mustanglvr

Thats a nicely built car, but definitely not worth what they want for it. A person would be better off investing that much money into a real Shelby. This car has all the performance and safety features but does`nt have one very important safety feature, headrests. Without those, the first time the driver hits the gas, the occupants could suffer severe neck injuries.

BroadwayBlue

Mosesatm said:

Now I see why it looks like that.
If you look at the first pic on the auction (see attached) the gas cap is a lot higher (taller) then it appears to be in Arlies pic.

So I think it's a double reflection.
The screws/rivets are first reflected in the side/edge of the gas cap and then that reflection is what you see in the paint.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 1150567570024_Steve_s_Elnor_005s.jpg
    1150567570024_Steve_s_Elnor_005s.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 14

Mustanger

BroadwayBlue said:
Now I see why it looks like that.
If you look at the first pic on the auction (see attached) the gas cap is a lot higher (taller) then it appears to be in Arlies pic.

So I think it's a double reflection.
The screws/rivets are first reflected in the side/edge of the gas cap and then that reflection is what you see in the paint.

What do you think?

I think you're right ... when I first saw the pic early on, I thought that it almost looked like some cartridges (bullets) were in the pic ...